Ben McAdoo Fired

WeaponX

23 minutes ago, w4rrior723 said:

I have tremendous respect for Cowher and what hes done, but I want nothing to do with him. The game changes A LOT in a few years. Its been how long now? 10 years? I know it's a different sport, but look how outdated Phil Jacksons philosophies were with the Knicks.

like i said I agree with all this. I just think he is still familiar with everything. Its not like hes been sitting on his couch

5 hours ago, mattbags2313 said:

I have a list. Obviously not considering a new GM because who knows about that.

GM I would like David Gettlemen, Nick Caserio (Patriots VP of player personnel), Phil Simms, George Paton (vikings assistant GM), Eliot Wolf (director of football ops from packers),  Eric Decotsa (ravens assistent GM), TC

For head coach I want

Josh McDaniels, Jim Harbaugh, Todd Haley, Bill Cowher, Jon Gruden, David Shaw, Frank Reich

Dont want

Mike Smith (please god no) Brian Kelly (he wants the same control chip kelly wanted in philly, our FO would never allow that),  Nick Saban, Dave toub, teryl Austin, Matt Patricia

Why Gettlemen. He is from the same tree as Reese. He was fired from the Panthers after only 4 seasons because he had trouble with re-signing his own players and let their OL fall apart. Also no to Simms, I don't care if NJ.com calls him a legitimate candidate, I want someone with experience in a front office. Also TC as in Tom Coughlin? We need a new identity, not the one of the guy we just fired 2 years ago.

No to Bill Cowher or Jon Gruden.

2 hours ago, Acgott said:

Why Gettlemen. He is from the same tree as Reese. He was fired from the Panthers after only 4 seasons because he had trouble with re-signing his own players and let their OL fall apart. Also no to Simms, I don't care if NJ.com calls him a legitimate candidate, I want someone with experience in a front office. Also TC as in Tom Coughlin? We need a new identity, not the one of the guy we just fired 2 years ago.

No to Bill Cowher or Jon Gruden.

The gettlemen firing came as a shock to the football world. Carolina was very good under him. I agree with everything you said however I’m just hoping he would learn the second time around. But again, no one expected him to be fired. I think Elway proves you don’t have to have experience in the front office to be successful. And for  TC I don’t think a team (aside from dallas because jerry is always in the spotlight) is defined or gets their identity from the GM. Most people don’t even know who GMs around the league are. It comes more from the coaching staff. I think TC could do wonders for this team because even though he might not have coaching ability anymore, I think the football IQ to be behind the scenes is there. Bill cowher I’m on the fence.

i take back gruden. I thought more about it and don’t like it, I agree there

also idk if you listened to mara today but he outright said they have candidates they plan to interview now that currently aren’t working. Gettlemen fits that bill amoung others. He said the position could be filled before seasons end. Food for thought

Anyone else think it was a little lame how Mara threw McAdoo under the bus for the Eli benching saying "it was his idea?" He tried to soften it by saying don't blame Ben because he could've over-rided it if he wanted to. So then why say it was his idea in the first place? 

Disagree with the firing. McAdoo can't win with the players he was saddled with, including Eli, and he did the right thing to try new QBs. I thought Geno played well. Gruden was joking when he said he would consider coming here if Eli is here. No top coach will come here if saddled with a 37 year old declining QB. 

17 minutes ago, celestial said:

Disagree with the firing. McAdoo can't win with the players he was saddled with, including Eli, and he did the right thing to try new QBs. I thought Geno played well. Gruden was joking when he said he would consider coming here if Eli is here. No top coach will come here if saddled with a 37 year old declining QB. 

you might be the funniest person on this forum ever. We spent a billion dollars on the defense 2 off-seasons ago and have all pro players at almost every position. DRC, Jenkins, Collins, JPP, Snacks, and Vernon. Only thing really lacking is LB but that has always been the case we never have good LBs because Reese always outright said he doesnt believe they are a position of value.

Our offense was stacked before injuries hit...which you said yourself in the "Geno smith to start thread" Remember your whole BS argument "oh we had OBJ, Shephard, Engram, and Marshall for 5 games and went 0-5" which first off isnt true. OBJ essentially didnt play two games. Inactive against dallas and played 20% of snaps against the lions. But that is a whole other argument. You consistently back track and contradict yourself across this forum. Pick an argument and stick to it bud. One minute you are saying "oh we had all this offensive talent" next minute its "Mcadoo cant win with these players" Also aside from losing Hankins, we have the same exact defense we had last year. OH and we have the "fantastic" dalvin tomlinson or so you labeled him on another thread. So basically the loss of Hankins means nothing since we have the fantastic tomlinson. Why is the defense awful this year? Same players, same DC, same scheme. And dont say its cause "the offense cant stay on the field" Because they couldnt stay on the field last year either and we won 11 games....

Just now, mattbags2313 said:

you might be the funniest person on this forum ever. We spent a billion dollars on the defense 2 off-seasons ago and have all pro players at almost every position. DRC, Jenkins, Collins, JPP, Snacks, and Vernon. Only thing really lacking is LB but that has always been the case we never have good LBs because Reese always outright said he doesnt believe they are a position of value.

Our offense was stacked before injuries hit...which you said yourself in the "Geno smith to start thread" Remember your whole BS argument "oh we had OBJ, Shephard, Engram, and Marshall for 5 games and went 0-5" which first off isnt true. OBJ essentially didnt play two games. Inactive against dallas and played 20% of snaps against the lions. But that is a whole other argument. You consistently back track and contradict yourself across this forum. Pick an argument and stick to it bud. One minute you are saying "oh we had all this offensive talent" next minute its "Mcadoo cant win with these players" Also aside from losing Hankins, we have the same exact defense we had last year. OH and we have the "fantastic" dalvin tomlinson or so you labeled him on another thread. So basically the loss of Hankins means nothing since we have the fantastic tomlinson. Why is the defense awful this year? Same players, same DC, same scheme. And dont say its cause "the offense cant stay on the field" Because they couldnt stay on the field last year either and we won 11 games....

Our stacked defense, Eli and Odell/Marshall went 0-5 this year. Odell was targeted 5 times against Detroit and caught the ball 4 times. He was limited but played and had an effect on the game. We went 0-4 with him playing this year. We only went 11-5 last year because of a weak schedule. We don't need great LBs if our defense carried us to the playoffs last year anyway. The "Reese doesn't draft great LBs" thing is overblown.

I don't backtrack and contradict myself on this forum. Your pendantry doesn't mean I'm backtracking. If went 0-3 or 0-4 with Odell, that means we still can't win against good teams with the GOAT receiver. A healthy Brandon Marshall starting, who at worst is a 6'4 jump ball receiver. That's inexcusable and basically means we're ****ed. Give Big Ben the same weapons, the same line, and he'll destroy any team with jump balls alone.

Mara is an idiot. He signed off on benching Eli because he knew that was the right thing to do. Then he got backlash, curled up in a little ball and reversed course because he's a spineless coward.

13 minutes ago, celestial said:

Our stacked defense, Eli and Odell/Marshall went 0-5 this year. Odell was targeted 5 times against Detroit and caught the ball 4 times. He was limited but played and had an effect on the game. We went 0-4 with him playing this year. We only went 11-5 last year because of a weak schedule. We don't need great LBs if our defense carried us to the playoffs last year anyway. The "Reese doesn't draft great LBs" thing is overblown.

I don't backtrack and contradict myself on this forum. Your pendantry doesn't mean I'm backtracking. If went 0-3 or 0-4 with Odell, that means we still can't win against good teams with the GOAT receiver. A healthy Brandon Marshall starting, who at worst is a 6'4 jump ball receiver. That's inexcusable and basically means we're ****ed. Give Big Ben the same weapons, the same line, and he'll destroy any team with jump balls alone.

Mara is an idiot. He signed off on benching Eli because he knew that was the right thing to do. Then he got backlash, curled up in a little ball and reversed course because he's a spineless coward.

Our spineless coward has been here for 27 years and has a led one of the most respected franchises in football. Mcadoo was trying to save his own ***, he contradicted his owner which is a death sentence.

A healthy brandon marshall? guy hasnt been healthy since 2015. He is 34, its called father time. Happens to everyone. 

I never said we "need" linebackers. I was stating why we never had them. And did you not watch the lions game?  OBJ was basically incapacitated, he shouldn't of ever played. As i mentioned previously he was told 6-8 weeks. He played in 4. 

And your blame is in the wrong spot. Against the bucs, chargers, and eagles we were leading in the 4th quarter. Against the eagles, Eli actually took the lead 3 times in the 4th quarter. We lost on a field goal that would of been good from 70 yards. Nothing you can do about that. The defense blew it against the chargers and bucs. Both games we had late 4th quarter leads and the defense got marched on the final drive. Both those games the offense put up plenty points to win 20+ in both. Defense didnt get a stop when it mattered

and lastly you do backtrack, and have been called out for it by other users before. 

1 minute ago, mattbags2313 said:

Our spineless coward has been here for 27 years and has a led one of the most respected franchises in football. Mcadoo was trying to save his own ***, he contradicted his owner which is a death sentence.

A healthy brandon marshall? guy hasnt been healthy since 2015. He is 34, its called father time. Happens to everyone. 

I never said we "need" linebackers. I was stating why we never had them. And did you not watch the lions game?  OBJ was basically incapacitated, he shouldn't of ever played. As i mentioned previously he was told 6-8 weeks. He played in 4. 

And your blame is in the wrong spot. Against the bucs, chargers, and eagles we were leading in the 4th quarter. Against the eagles, Eli actually took the lead 3 times in the 4th quarter. We lost on a field goal that would of been good from 70 yards. Nothing you can do about that. The defense blew it against the chargers and bucs. Both games we had late 4th quarter leads and the defense got marched on the final drive. Both those games the offense put up plenty points to win 20+ in both. Defense didnt get a stop when it mattered

and lastly you do backtrack, and have been called out for it by other users before. 

I disagree about Marshall. He doesn't rely on speed. He was never very fast. Marshall relies on his size, which hasn't changed. Marshall in 2016 suffered from teams figuring out Gailey and Fitzpatrick, not anything else. Marshall is reliant on the QB to get him the ball, and Fitzpatrick has no arm.

Marshall was open throughout the games Eli played with him. I saw Marshall open myself. Eli just didn't see Marshall or wouldn't throw the ball because Eli is stat-padding completion %, or is afraid of turnovers. 

Moving on, if you agree we don't need linebackers to dominate defensively, then your points about not having them is moot. Was OBJ fully healthy against the Lions? No, but he caught 4 balls and made the Lions account for him. So he affected the game. But even if we say Odell wasn't healthy for this game, WE STILL WENT 0-3 WITH HIM HEALTHY. 

Eli threw 2 picks against the Eagles. If he doesn't throw those picks, we win. The defense is not to blame. The QB is.

Just now, celestial said:

I disagree about Marshall. He doesn't rely on speed. He was never very fast. Marshall relies on his size, which hasn't changed. Marshall in 2016 suffered from teams figuring out Gailey and Fitzpatrick, not anything else. Marshall is reliant on the QB to get him the ball, and Fitzpatrick has no arm.

Marshall was open throughout the games Eli played with him. I saw Marshall open myself. Eli just didn't see Marshall or wouldn't throw the ball because Eli is stat-padding completion %, or is afraid of turnovers. 

Moving on, if you agree we don't need linebackers to dominate defensively, then your points about not having them is moot. Was OBJ fully healthy against the Lions? No, but he caught 4 balls and made the Lions account for him. So he affected the game. But even if we say Odell wasn't healthy for this game, WE STILL WENT 0-3 WITH HIM HEALTHY. 

Eli threw 2 picks against the Eagles. If he doesn't throw those picks, we win. The defense is not to blame. The QB is.

Whether he relies on speed or not, hurt is hurt and 34 is 34. 

and your point on Eli is laughable. He took the lead on them in a single quarter not 1 not 2 but 3 times. The defense after everytime couldnt get a single stop. You are extremely bias

When you have 4th quarter leads late in a game your defense needs to finish. There is two sides of the ball. Eli isnt on the field when we are up 3 with 2 minutes left and a team is driving. All of our money is invested in defense.What are we paying them for if they cant get late game stops?

10 minutes ago, mattbags2313 said:

Whether he relies on speed or not, hurt is hurt and 34 is 34. 

and your point on Eli is laughable. He took the lead on them in a single quarter not 1 not 2 but 3 times. The defense after everytime couldnt get a single stop. You are extremely bias

Marshall isn't hurt. Not all 34 year old WRs are bad. Marshall outperformed almost all his 30+ age peers in 2015. So he isn't the normal 34 year old WR like Brady isn't the normal 40 year old QB (not saying Marshall is as good a WR as Brady is QB, I'm just making the point that neither guys are normal).

The defense played well against a top 5 Philly offense. However, Eli threw picks and turned the ball over. Wentz didn't. If Geno Smith threw 2 picks and turned the ball over in the same game, leading to Philly drives and points, you would say he sucks and cost us the game. Why is it different with Eli? Because you're biased and you're not thinking straight.

Eli's picks are not worth less than Geno's.

10 minutes ago, celestial said:

Marshall isn't hurt. Not all 34 year old WRs are bad. Marshall outperformed almost all his 30+ age peers in 2015. So he isn't the normal 34 year old WR like Brady isn't the normal 40 year old QB (not saying Marshall is as good a WR as Brady is QB, I'm just making the point that neither guys are normal).

The defense played well against a top 5 Philly offense. However, Eli threw picks and turned the ball over. Wentz didn't. If Geno Smith threw 2 picks and turned the ball over, you would say he sucks and cost us the game. Why is it different with Eli? Because you're biased and you're not thinking straight.

WHAT DO YOU MEAN HES NOT HURT??? He needed season ending surgery???? He also had back, shoulder, and hip injuries that destroyed his 2016 season. Look it up. 

and you dont think straight at all. Your posts are the most criticized on this forum. First off rewatch the game. 1 of Eli's picks was a ball tipped at the line. Not his fault, just a play made by one of the best defenses in football. and regardless of the other pick, which yes was his fault, we still had a 4th quarter lead ON THREE DIFFERENT OCCASIONS!!!!! That almost never happens!! If the defense gets just one stop after any of those scorers the game is over. And I wouldnt blame Geno. I would blame the defense that couldnt get off the field. When you pay that much money for defense you expect results. 

Archived