Week 14 GDT: Jacksonville Jaguars (8-4) vs. Seattle Seahawks (8-4)

.Buzz

6 hours ago, iPwn said:

We really, really need Telvin to be available for this game. In passing situations, we need one of Telvin/Jack to be on Graham and the other to effectively be playing spy on Wilson.

No one else on the roster can keep with Graham or spy on Wilson. It will be a disaster if Poz or Brown are asked to do either one of those things.

i feel like Donald Payne athletically can match up on the spy part and might be able to help out on Graham but he would be giving up like 6 to 7 inches but hes got a 37inch vert. and certainly has the agility and speed to keep up. 

http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/dsprofile.php?pyid=129383&draftyear=2017&genpos=SS

I for one, am very much looking forward to seeing what sort of cataclysmic extinction level event might occur when Jalen gets all up in Angry Doug Baldwin's kitchen.

Going to be a huge test for the defense against a guy who at this particular moment, is probably playing like the best QB in the world.  Gonna have to stay extremely disciplined, and not get caught overpursuing and overcommitting, 'cause Improv Russ is DangerRuss.  If any defense is equipped to contain him and slow him down though, on paper at least...it should be us, with this front, and a secondary that can hold up when he inevitably extends plays with his feet.

Having Telvin back would be huge for this, but i really hope he's not feeling undue pressure to come back before he's ready.  You know he's going to be desperate to get back on the field for this marquee matchup, but if he's not fully right, sneaking back into the lineup would be bad news.

Basically expect the Seahawks to embarrassingly stuff our run game right out of the gate, leaving it down to a QB duel between the best QB in the league and Bortle.  At which point, Bortles will feel the heat and be inspired to attempt several catastrophic completely ill-advised things.  And we'll get our doors blown off.

16 hours ago, LinderFournette said:

i feel like Donald Payne athletically can match up on the spy part and might be able to help out on Graham but he would be giving up like 6 to 7 inches but hes got a 37inch vert. and certainly has the agility and speed to keep up. 

http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/dsprofile.php?pyid=129383&draftyear=2017&genpos=SS

No thanks. The way Wilson uses his legs to bait players into opening up routes, he will make Payne look ridiculous if Payne tries to spy him. And frankly, he doesn’t have the coverage or ball skills to match up with Graham.

Hi guys! Here is another Jags fan!

Huge game next Sunday vs the Seahawks in home. Hope to see the stadium cheer and shout like the fans in seattle do. 

Game to see what our offense can provide vs a very good defense (despite the losses of some key players in the 'Hawks). Good test too to our defense, to see how our defense can defend a team who has a deficient OL and a QB who is the most complicated to get sacked.

I think that if Bortes dont do anything stupid and the game is not leaded by the Seahawks... we can win the game, but if the visitors are in the lead the most of the game... i can see perfectly Bortle throwing 2 o 3 intercepcions in the second half, and game over.

This team with this QB (Blake)... CAN'T MAKE A COMEBACK. Definitely.

LETS GO JAX.

29 minutes ago, SpanishJaguar said:

Huge game next Sunday vs the Seahawks in home. Hope to see the stadium cheer and shout like the fans in seattle do. 

Game to see what our offense can provide vs a very good defense (despite the losses of some key players in the 'Hawks). Good test too to our defense, to see how our defense can defend a team who has a deficient OL and a QB who is the most complicated to get sacked.

I think that if Bortes dont do anything stupid and the game is not leaded by the Seahawks... we can win the game, but if the visitors are in the lead the most of the game... i can see perfectly Bortle throwing 2 o 3 intercepcions in the second half, and game over.

LETS GO JAX.

Welcome! I think we all agree that a mistake-free Bortles is a win for us

40 minutes ago, SpanishJaguar said:

LETS GO JAX.

Welcome man! Awesome to have another Jags fan here!

We're a pretty close knit group. You should fit right in.

Yeah, I agree with you though. Unless we get the Blake of last week I don't like our chances of coming back from anything more than 7 points or so. Russell is just so good and that defense just shut down Wentz last week (although they were at home).

Archived