Gronk suspended 1 game for elbow drop

Apparition

1 minute ago, cddolphin said:

Here's the link, I thought it would embed:

https://www.instagram.com/p/BcnRVtKHW81/?taken-by=bigj9797

No, I can see it, I just wondered what the issue is? Maybe it's the low block? Low blocks are legal....unless;

"

Blocks below the waist are prohibited in the following situations:

1. By players of either team after a change of possession; or
  2. By players of the kicking team after a Free Kick, Safety Kick, Fair-Catch Kick, Punt, Field-Goal Attempt, or Try Kick; or
  3. By players of the receiving team during a down in which there is a Free Kick, Safety Kick, Fair-Catch Kick, Punt, Field-Goal Attempt, or Try Kick."

Are you Pat baiting, or was this ruled illegal somewhere else but not here?

So you are saying, definitively, you have no issue with that block? You want to establish your position?

5 minutes ago, Hunter2_1 said:

Are you Pat baiting

That's too easy and there's no sport in it. I'm bemoaning inconsistent officiating when it comes to "play safety" and figured this would be the thread to post in. Should have been fined only in this case, but it was never even addressed.

7 hours ago, cddolphin said:

So you are saying, definitively, you have no issue with that block? You want to establish your position?

That's too easy and there's no sport in it. I'm bemoaning inconsistent officiating when it comes to "play safety" and figured this would be the thread to post in. Should have been fined only in this case, but it was never even addressed.

Fined only???

The ONLY reason he wasnt suspended for a longer duration is because the NFL is already hurting in ratings, they couldn't afford for him to miss week 15.

2 hours ago, wwhickok said:

Fined only???

The ONLY reason he wasnt suspended for a longer duration is because the NFL is already hurting in ratings, they couldn't afford for him to miss week 15.

He’s talking about the play on Phillips, Fred.

15 hours ago, cddolphin said:

No, I have no issue with that block. That's a below the waist block, and it's legal. The only issue I have with it is that he didn't do a good job - no force whatsoever. 

There's a plethora of low blocks that happen every game. I don't get why you're singling this one out? This isn't even the thread for it. Just seems like you're piling more on to the Pats. Trolling, even.

12 hours ago, Hunter2_1 said:

No, I have no issue with that block. That's a below the waist block, and it's legal. The only issue I have with it is that he didn't do a good job - no force whatsoever. 

There's a plethora of low blocks that happen every game. I don't get why you're singling this one out? This isn't even the thread for it. Just seems like you're piling more on to the Pats. Trolling, even.

Calling that a block is like calling a punch a quick shove.  He is hitting him form behind, almost from the side, and trying to hit him below the knee with his helmet.  That was an attempt to slow down a defender but not a block.

Archived