Gronk suspended 1 game for elbow drop

Apparition

18 minutes ago, marshawn lynch said:

I don't think Gronk would care much. They are gonna have a bye week if we win or don't. Not saying send all guys after him but if he catches ball then don't be surprised at all if Poyer makes a hard tackle at the knee

That's how everyone tackles Gronk now.

Gronk definitely deserved the suspension. Should have been ejected on the spot as well. Doesn't matter what happened before then. A diving elbow at the guy's back is dirty and cheap.

8 minutes ago, marshawn lynch said:

Apologizing? He wasn't sorry. Did you see the photos and videos of him taunting Bills fans after the hit when he was walking through the tunnel????

So he can’t talk smack with fans because he injured someone on field? He didn’t apologize to the fans, he apologized to White. Whether it was sincere or not that cannot be quantified since at the time he probably didn’t know he concussed White. Either way, I am sure that won’t stop anyone from their preconceived opinions on the matter. All we know is that he issued an apology which probably did play a part on the level of his suspension. The suspension was well deserved and he got lucky he didn’t get ejected.

39 minutes ago, marshawn lynch said:

Should honestly be more. Mike Evans got one game for shoving Lattimore in the back. What Gronk did was worse. Targetted the head of the player and giving him a concussion. He should get 3 games. One for hitting player from behind like Evans, one for targeting head, and one more for hit resulting in injury

Gronk better watch his back in 3 weeks. Someone is gonna get him back if they are only giving out one game for intentionally injuring players.

I agree with this completely

I don't understand how a league that suspends players over more ambiguous plays can only give him 1 game for intentionally and blatantly delivering a headshot to a guy who wasn't even looking. But I don't understand much of anything about the league's disciplinary process.

His apology doesn't even matter.

People seem to arguing that the concussion makes it worse. For me, this is focusing on the result over action. You're effectively saying that if White wasn't concussed, it's not as bad. Gronk had no idea if he was going to concuss White or not, the thought wouldn't have crossed his mind, he was just rage - slam. If you punish him more for the result, it misses the action which is the same severity whether he was concussed or not. 

Like, Burfict didn't ACTUALLY snap Newton's ankle, but I bet you wanted him suspended anyway. I know I did. 

1 minute ago, Hunter2_1 said:

People seem to arguing that the concussion makes it worse. For me, this is focusing on the result over action. You're effectively saying that if White wasn't concussed, it's not as bad. Gronk had no idea if he was going to concuss White or not, the thought wouldn't have crossed his mind, he was just rage - slam. If you punish him more for the result, it misses the action which is the same severity whether he was concussed or not. 

Like, Burfict didn't ACTUALLY snap Newton's ankle, but I bet you wanted him suspended anyway. I know I did. 

You punish for both the action and the result. That's how it always works. 

1 hour ago, Starless said:
but he's a first-time offender.

56 minutes ago, Yin-Yang said:

The usual for a first timer. Appeal won’t hold and he’ll miss a huge game for us.

53 minutes ago, Bullet Club said:

1 game may have been light but reasonable. First time offender, no real history of being a dirty player, etc. Him appealing is ridiculous. What a d-bag.

38 minutes ago, The Third Rider said:

All things considered this was the right call imo. First time offender and apologizing for his behavior probably saved him from a longer suspension.

I mean.. technically he's never been suspended or fined but his record isn't squeaky clean. Referring to the clip on page 2:

On the play, Gronkowski lined up on the left side of the line and plowed into Colts safety Sergio Brown, driving him out of bounds into the area where camera operators stand. He finished the block well after Gray had scored the touchdown and shoved him to the ground, earning him both an unsportsmanlike conduct and taunting penalty.

Gronk has a history of going a bit over board. He did the same thing to Brent Grimes once but it wasn't quite as egregious^^

Archived