YOU'RE FINALLY IN CONTROL! Build your own FO/Coaching Staff of previous regimes!!

brownie man

I thought this would be a pretty cool idea 

we've got alot of previous staffs and regimes. 

If you could go back to year 2000 no later!! Who would be in your FO/Coaching staff?? Please explain

For me it goes

Executive Vice President of Football Operations / General Manager

Sashi Brown - Still the mastermind. No matter what we need a disciplined leader. Putting together a great coaching staff and scouting department we can think with the long-term mindset. Have Sashi lead and we won't put ourselves in stupid positions where our other previous GMs would've made decisions out of pride.

Vice President of Player Personnel 

Tom Heckert - The top evaluator of talent we've had since returning. Responsible for Josh Gordon, Tashaun Gipson, Joe Haden, TJ Ward, Mitchell Schwartz, Travis Benjamin, Shaun Lavou, Jordan Cameron, Buster Skrine, John Hughes, Dion Lewis, Billy Winn

His blunders basically arose but the incompetencies of Mike Holmgren. If Heckert can just focus on acquiring talent and the assets Sashi will surround him with we'll be a very talented competitive team. 

Head Coach

Eric Mangini - With a young team that we are going to be building more than a player's coach I think we need a disciplinarian. You gotta coach the players so that they don't beat themselves. Mangini did that. The "JUST DO YOUR JOB" mentality is what we need to have as a young team. If we were more of a veteran group who needed that push I would put Hue here, but Mangini with a talented staff would help us put ourselves in better positions to win. 

Offensive Coordinator 

Bruce Arians- With Mangini overseeing the team he can then delegate and allow the coordinators to have total control of their sides of the ball. Arians would be an amazing choice here as our OC. This pick was between Arians, Norv Turner, or Chud to me, but I think the respect Arians has earned would allow him to keep Mangini from getting too close to affecting the offense. 

This is without a doubt the toughest one for me 

Todd Grantham 

Rob Ryan

**** Jauron

Ray Horton

the name that shalt not be spoken of

Greg Williams 

I couldn't decide between Williams or Jauron. I just can't stand our safeties playing 30 yards deep I just can't go for that. I was a big fan of Jauron, but I think his defensive may currently be outdated. 

So I went with the best options 

Defensive Coordinator 

Romeo Crenell - He has the credentials no one else does. 3 time Superbowl champion as a DC, has coached the league's number 1 ranked defense something Williams has yet to do, and has a respectable relationship with Mangini. Another coach who will handle his side of the ball without interruptions. 

Special teams coach- 

Pat Shurmur- Was a really nice guy and coached special teams at some point in his career. Anything would be better than Tabor

So there you have it

EVP - Sashi

VP PP- Heckert

HC- Mangni

OC - Bruce Arians

DC - Romeo Crenell 

ST- Pat Shurmur

lol this would either go really well or really bad 

37 minutes ago, kingseanjohn said:

Taking a glance at it, it looks pretty good except Mangini. I really don't like him as a HC.

Without truly following the Browns, I'd probably go with Butch Davis from what I can remember.

Agreed, Butch could coach 'em up.

Just needed to make sure he didn't get within a 1000 yards of the draft war room.

I think the only two I would change from Brownie Man's list would be:

VP PP - Andrew Berry. I trust the process and the last two drafts have actually been really good (from what we know so far). Also, Heckert drafted Weeds.

HC - ROB CHUDZINSKI! I believed in the Chud. He was an innovative offensive mind and I think that is really important with how fast offensive concepts and planning are changing.

I thought I was the only one who thought butch was a good coach. Only failed by trying to be talent evaluator. 

As far as taking the money and run fleecing the organization type fo personnel it’s got to be the walrus holmgrom errr Holmgren. Holy crap why’d you enter my life you freaking wang. 

Sheesh why’d any of these aholes enter my life. I had great pride in my team. It’s dissapated to tea parties on Sunday.  Watching Shirley temple marathons. Teletubby auction shows. Trimming my nails. Checking if my preferred draws make me look fat. Trying to figure out why I get bellybutton lint. After having a ton of chili, is it a fart or much more. Shall I then purchase adult diapers. After setting out mice poison, should I locate that smell to clean it up. Should I tell that lady that just left the bathroom that she’s got a TP trailer. 

Thanks op, thanks

General Manager ---George Kokinis

Head Coach --- Mike Pettine

Offensive Coordinator --- Hue Jackson

Defensive Coordinator --- Jim O'Neil

QB ---Ken Dorsey

RB ---Trent Richardson

FB ---Owen Marecic

WR --- Darren Chivarini

WR --- Travis Wilson

TE --- Aaron Shea

LT --- Barry Stokes