Training Camp 2023

SemperFeist

I wouldn't think his $2.4M salary would necessarily be an impediment to someone claiming him, but who knows.  If he's not claimed, then they'll be on the hook for it all...and then someone else can also pay him additional money.  That sounds like terrible management if the trade offers were true. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, swede700 said:

I wouldn't think his $2.4M salary would necessarily be an impediment to someone claiming him, but who knows.  If he's not claimed, then they'll be on the hook for it all...and then someone else can also pay him additional money.  That sounds like terrible management if the trade offers were true. 

Reagor has offset language. So if no team claims him, any salary that he does sign for would come back to the Vikings in a cap credit. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, VikeManDan said:

I'm guessing the former.

That means, I think, we'll send a 5th to the Eagles. We're off the hook for his salary if a team claims him.

If he goes unclaimed I wonder if they offer him a PS spot?

Are we off the hook if he hits his milestones this season with another team.

I...can't believe how badly we got played.

1 minute ago, SemperFeist said:

Why was it a bad trade? Were you expecting him to become the next Cris Carter?

We gave up two draft picks (one is a freebie) for a WR when we had a similar player already on the roster at the time. The guy we traded for couldn't even make it to year 2 after being atrocious his first year here. 

That trade was nothing short of brilliant by Roseman and inane by Adofo-Mensah.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, SteelKing728 said:

We gave up two draft picks (one is a freebie) for a WR when we had a similar player already on the roster at the time. The guy we traded for couldn't even make it to year 2 after being atrocious his first year here. 

That trade was nothing short of brilliant by Roseman and inane by Adofo-Mensah.

You act like the Vikings actually gave up something of value.

Kwesi gave up a 7th rounder and a 5th rounder two years down the road to take a chance on a young, highly athletic player to see if a change in scenery and circumstance could bring out the potential that many saw during the scouting process. That’s a smart use of those picks. Even if it didn’t ultimately workout, the odds of Reagor having an impact is still greater than what those picks are likely going to produce. 

Hell, the “brilliant” Howie Roseman turned around and made a near identical trade (using the valuable 7th rounder they got from Minnesota) with Detroit for DeAndre Swift, a failed 1st rounder. 

7 minutes ago, SemperFeist said:

You act like the Vikings actually gave up something of value.

Kwesi gave up a 7th rounder and a 5th rounder two years down the road to take a chance on a young, highly athletic player to see if a change in scenery and circumstance could bring out the potential that many saw during the scouting process. That’s a smart use of those picks. Even if it didn’t ultimately workout, the odds of Reagor having an impact is still greater than what those picks are likely going to produce. 

Hell, the “brilliant” Howie Roseman turned around and made a near identical trade (using the valuable 7th rounder they got from Minnesota) with Detroit for DeAndre Swift, a failed 1st rounder. 

The only difference being that Swift will be a starter for them. That alone is a win. We traded for a Punt Returner and gadget receiver, which again, we already had on the roster.

If we only give up the 7th, it's a fair trade, like what we gave up for Ross Blacklock. The 5th round pick was a throwaway on our part.