Eagles 2023 Training Camp Thread: It Begins

Kiltman

14 hours ago, 4for4PhillyFan said:

Man, Howie loves him some Howie.  Is there any other team where the GM doesn’t command a PC as much as him?  Not counting the banana republic in Dallas.  

That's the point in a Nut Shell Though? 

Howie is only in the news via a Trade or Move. You won't hear a word from him all season log "Unless" a move is made!!!!

Jerry talks like Mitch in Heat , every single week of the season on his Podcast!

Thank MF God Jeffrey is "OUR OWNER"!!!!!

Edited by Nabbs4u
  • Like 1

On 8/28/2023 at 5:21 PM, Jroc04 said:

For people curious about the SI football preview: 

Eagles

Seahawks 

Packers 

Panthers

49ers

Cowboys 

Lions 

Seahawks over Lions, Cowboys over Packers, 49ers over Panthers 

Eagles over Cowboys, 49ers over Seahawks 

Eagles over 49ers 

Chiefs

Bengals 

Jaguars 

Bills 

Dolphins

Jets 

Ravens 

Bengals over Ravens, Jags over Jets, Bills over Dolphins 

Chiefs over Bills, Bengals over Jags  

Bengals over Chiefs 

Eagles over Bengals 

The only question; how Nabbs will counter the good juju? 

We get to knock the cowboys out! That would be so glorious on the way to the SB

On 8/28/2023 at 5:21 PM, Jroc04 said:

For people curious about the SI football preview: 

Eagles

Seahawks 

Packers 

Panthers

49ers

Cowboys 

Lions 

Seahawks over Lions, Cowboys over Packers, 49ers over Panthers 

Eagles over Cowboys, 49ers over Seahawks 

Eagles over 49ers 

Chiefs

Bengals 

Jaguars 

Bills 

Dolphins

Jets 

Ravens 

Bengals over Ravens, Jags over Jets, Bills over Dolphins 

Chiefs over Bills, Bengals over Jags  

Bengals over Chiefs 

Bengals over Eagles

The only question; how Nabbs will counter the good juju? 

The counter balance of the universe is complete. Although I liked your version better. 🥃😎

17 hours ago, 4for4PhillyFan said:

Man, Howie loves him some Howie.  Is there any other team where the GM doesn’t command a PC as much as him?  Not counting the banana republic in Dallas.  

That is true and very notoriously him. I mean the GM got off the plane carrying the Lombardi and just last year he took credit for the SB win. But! He still have ways to go to media wise to reach crazy level. 

1 hour ago, Broadway Joe said:

That is true and very notoriously him. I mean the GM got off the plane carrying the Lombardi and just last year he took credit for the SB win. But! He still have ways to go to media wise to reach crazy level. 

Howie def has some ego mania to him but is he not allowed to take victory laps? 

15 minutes ago, Broadway Joe said:

Well if he isn't I don't see him showing any restriction on it. 

It’s hard to win a SB. He’s the only GM in our history do it. He can let people know daily if he likes. Do you know how many Eagles fans that watched the Eagles futilely try and win and for decades and die never getting to witness and feel the euphoria we got? Some of you guys need to find a level of respect for Howie that gives him some more leash. It’s a little troubling we’ve become spoiled children due to the eagles success over the last 20 some years. Do you know what Cleveland or Detroit fans would do for a SB? I’m not sayin he can do no wrong but he’s earned A LOT of leash. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Jroc04 said:

It’s hard to win a SB. He’s the only GM in our history do it. He can let people know daily if he likes. Do you know how many Eagles fans that watched the Eagles futilely try and win and for decades and die never getting to witness and feel the euphoria we got? Some of you guys need to find a level of respect for Howie that gives him some more leash. It’s a little troubling we’ve become spoiled children due to the eagles success over the last 20 some years. Do you know what Cleveland or Detroit fans would do for a SB? I’m not sayin he can do no wrong but he’s earned A LOT of leash. 

I give him a lot of credit and as for the leash he has I'm aware we are pretty much in the same situation as the Cowboys with our GM's job security. 

As I said in my original post, he has a big ego, but he is far from crazy media wise. Maybe he is like our Jerry Krause with less success and a longer leash. Like him, he believes he is the main reason of our championship team. 

12 minutes ago, Broadway Joe said:

Like him, he believes he is the main reason of our championship team. 

Rightfully so. Any number of players from that 2017 roster "Not" signed, traded for or drafted..... 

Eagles don't win the SB!

I'm not saying Doug gets Zero credit because he had a hell of a season with the UnderDog Mentality, dealing with injury, ect....., but Howie acquired said players for Pederson!

Edited by Nabbs4u

49 minutes ago, Jroc04 said:

ohh baby tell me more

55 minutes ago, Broadway Joe said:

I give him a lot of credit and as for the leash he has I'm aware we are pretty much in the same situation as the Cowboys with our GM's job security. 

As I said in my original post, he has a big ego, but he is far from crazy media wise. Maybe he is like our Jerry Krause with less success and a longer leash. Like him, he believes he is the main reason of our championship team. 

Krause had Jordan. It’s not difficult to win with the greatest of all time. Howie pieced together a SB team after some large components went down. It was a job for the ages. Has any team lost their starting QB and won the SB? Giants with Simms maybe? Not sure who else. Regardless, he’s earned leash. And the benefit of the doubt. After the SB, he made some bad moves, but he earned leash. And Lurie was right giving it to him. He built a new SB level roster a handful of years later. Here we are looking to start a possible second golden era in Eagles football. We are beyond lucky to get this. And A LOT of that is due to Howie. I think signing a WLB for a half a million and it not working out is forgivable. Frankly, shouldn’t even be mentioned as a slight against Howie, imo. 

1 hour ago, Nabbs4u said:

Rightfully so. Any number of players from that 2017 roster "Not" signed, traded for or drafted..... 

Eagles don't win the SB!

I'm not saying Doug gets Zero credit because he had a hell of a season with the UnderDog Mentality, dealing with injury, ect....., but Howie acquired said players for Pederson!

I think time has shown that 2017 was more of a master class in coaching than in GM, while 2022 was a masterclass in GMing.  

When you look back that roster wasn't that talented, you had players like Nick Foles, Corey Clement, Nigel Bradham, Patrick Robinson playing well above their talent. Whatever they did to transform Nick into that player for that stretch is all the coaching staff.

And yes, they don't win the SB as you said, Howie is important, but he was not the main reason for that championship despite him thinking that. 2022 in the other hand...

• Like 1