Eagles 2023 Training Camp Thread: It Begins

Kiltman

4 hours ago, EaglesFlySBChampsHigh said:

Foles always played pretty damn well here. Also Wentz MVP like season is a big thanks to that bye. Let's not get it twisted 😂

Coaching is cool but I don't think it was Doug out there throwing complete Dots to Corey , Alshon, Ertz, etc.. even caught one himself. Coaching is cool but it's up to the players to do the job at the end of the day. 

He had stretches, but don't have selective memory. Foles was very bad for us too, even in 2017. The coaching staff did wonders for him, and I agree with the second part. Howie didn't caught a pass on 4th down, didn't truck players into the end zone, and didn't call any of the plays as much as we would like to. So yes, that's why he wasn't the most important part. Don't get why you can't accept anything other than the highest praise for him. "He was important", "No he was the most important", "He is good" "No, he is the best".

13 hours ago, Nabbs4u said:

A player Doug Pederson from all reports wanted "over" JJ. You want to blame Howie for catering to his HC wishes, the HC who just won him the cities 1st ever SB over his scouts, by all means have at it. He's guilty!

It's the equivalent of Howie ignoring any and all imput his current HC gave him during this years draft. If you honestly believe Sirianni had absolutely no say/suggestions on this current draft class, you're mistaken. 

Yeah, that doesn't sound like Howie at all. Specially with what we know now. 

Edited by Broadway Joe
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Broadway Joe said:

Which is what exactly? 

You honestly don't believe Howie was trying to get the players Doug wanted for his scheme? We're not talking about another Chip Kelly situation but the HC who just won him a SB? Of course he was!! 

I listed the players drafted in a different post and most of those players were to replace said veterans in the exact same role with very similar skillsets.

Now do I believe Howie has learned from the JJAW, Reagor, Dillard type mistakes absolutely. However I don't for a second believe Roseman's not attempting to cater to Sirianni's wishes as well to the type of players Nick wants, on his team, in his lockerroom. 

That's how successful GM/HC combos work, not a dictatorship. 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

Which is what exactly? 

You honestly don't believe Howie was trying to get the players Doug wanted for his scheme? We're not talking about another Chip Kelly situation but the HC who just won him a SB? Of course he was!! 

I listed the players drafted in a different post and most of those players were to replace said veterans in the exact same role with very similar skillsets.

Now do I believe Howie has learned from the JJAW, Reagor, Dillard type mistakes absolutely. However I don't for a second believe Roseman's not attempting to cater to Sirianni's wishes as well to the type of players Nick wants, on his team, in his lockerroom. 

Dull and naive 

51 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

Which is what exactly? 

Which is what we've had. Howie has more than his fair share of history of going power drunk. The guy was choosing who was active on game day! Let's not forget all of Howie's red flags during and after the 2020 season only because he wasn't the one fired. 

It is known that Doug wanted more power as a HC, that doesn't scream like his GM was going out of his way to please him. 

16 minutes ago, Broadway Joe said:

Which is what we've had. Howie has more than his fair share of history of going power drunk. The guy was choosing who was active on game day! Let's not forget all of Howie's red flags during and after the 2020 season only because he wasn't the one fired. 

It is known that Doug wanted more power as a HC, that doesn't scream like his GM was going out of his way to please him. 

Doug kept making mistakes and wanted promotions. No thanks.

23 minutes ago, Broadway Joe said:

I don't disagree with that, but arguing that Howie catered to the HC's wishes is very naïve. 

It's pretty obvious that it's the case when it comes to the draft. Howie was very clearly taking more into account what the coaches wanted rather than what the scouts told him.

As for trades? That one is more difficult to tell.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Danger said:

It's pretty obvious that it's the case when it comes to the draft. Howie was very clearly taking more into account what the coaches wanted rather than what the scouts told him.

As for trades? That one is more difficult to tell.

That's more on Doug sucking at developing and Howie learning of the mistakes he made in 2019, 2020. Because the sh*tty approach to the draft predates Doug. And now it looks like he has made improvements but the same blind spots remain. 

7 hours ago, Broadway Joe said:

He had stretches, but don't have selective memory. Foles was very bad for us too, even in 2017. The coaching staff did wonders for him, and I agree with the second part. Howie didn't caught a pass on 4th down, didn't truck players into the end zone, and didn't call any of the plays as much as we would like to. So yes, that's why he wasn't the most important part. Don't get why you can't accept anything other than the highest praise for him. "He was important", "No he was the most important", "He is good" "No, he is the best".

So it sounds like if Foles threw 5 TDs it's Doug, if he threw 5 ints it's Foles. I now understand

I don't know why you're trying to change my opinion on it and getting upset about it. We don't see it the same way it's ok