Eagles 2023 Training Camp Thread: It Begins

Kiltman

16 minutes ago, 4for4PhillyFan said:

I had to cancel a sales trip to VA last week, so I wasn’t able to get any bets in for the season.  I have to be there later this month and will probably put in some college bets.  College is more fun that NFL and easier to win as well.  

At least you got to avoid VA

18 minutes ago, UndyTaker said:

This has to be a direct shot at Cardinals. The only team who is clearly tanking.

Don't care if it is the Cardinals,  you don't risk injury or NOT being #1 overall going back to USC.

Isn't that exactly what Matt Lienert did in 2005, concensus #1 overall? Hurt his elbow going into 2006 at USC? Drafted 10th overall by said Cardinals?

Edited by Nabbs4u

1 minute ago, Nabbs4u said:

Don't care if it is the Cardinals,  you don't risk injury or NOT being #1 overall going back to USC.

Isn't that exactly what Matt Lienert did in 2005? Hurt his elbow going into 2006? Drafted 10th overall by said Cardinals?

Yeah but difference is Williams is making a ton of money while in school. This is a side effect of the NIL. Yeah hes not making 1st pick money, but he can afford the risk because hes still a multi-millionaire. Also even if he were to tear his ACL this year, or next year...hes still most likely going in the top 5 no matter what. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, UndyTaker said:

Yeah but difference is Williams is making a ton of money while in school. This is a side effect of the NIL. Yeah hes not making 1st pick money, but he can afford the risk because hes still a multi-millionaire. Also even if he were to tear his ACL this year, or next year...hes still most likely going in the top 5 no matter what. 

How about if he shreads his shoulder? Tommy John? Happens late in the season/bowl game? Team really taking him top 5 to redshirt his Rookie season with that type of injury?

Teams who normally pick 1st overall, suck and are there for a reason. Trying to figure which team sucks the worst in 2025 as a better option then 2024 is absurd. 

Edited by Nabbs4u

4 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

How about if he shreads his shoulder? Tommy John? Happens late in the season/bowl game? Team really taking him top 5 to redshirt his Rookie season?

Teams who normally pick 1st overall, suck and are there for a reason. Trying to figure which team sucks the worst in 2025 as a better option then 2024 is absurd. 

I already answered your first question. As long as its not a career ending injury then teams that need a QB would still take him in the top 5, even if it means hes missing his rookie year. Williams is the highest rated QB prospect coming out of college in some time. 

Regarding your other statement, this is why I said its a direct shot at Cardinals. He may be open to playing for other bad teams but it looks like he clearly does not want to play for that particular franchise. One thing is almost certain is that Cardinals will not be picking #1 in 2025 with the return of Murray and 2 picks in the top 5.