Eagles 2023 Training Camp Thread: It Begins

Kiltman

I wouldn't be surprised if the Colts, Texans, or Panthers end up with the #1 pick, then trade it.
I believe in Steichen, but I'm not expecting Richardson to look good until year 3, ala Hurts. Won't totally shock me if Stroud looks even worse than Richardson, and Bryce Young just has a lot working against him from a team talent perspective. The deteriorated shell of Adam Theilen is currently his #1 WR, Miles Sanders is his best RB, Hayden Hurst is his best TE, and his OL is super inexperienced.

1 hour ago, UndyTaker said:

This has to be a direct shot at Cardinals. The only team who is clearly tanking.

Basically saying waiting a year on the rookie contract, getting that NIL money in the mean time, if it means the right team, is a no brainer.

I think Bryce Young looked better than Caleb, aside from his size. Caleb is a very good prospect, but he's not generational. He's your normal "Yeah he deserves to go #1" QB prospect that comes around every 2 or 3 years after you have 2 years of Sam Darnold/Baker Mayfield or Kenny Pickett vying for QB1 types of draft classes. Would love to see Caleb against Georgia or Bama or Michigan.

Edited by Jeezla

3 hours ago, Danger said:

Basically saying waiting a year on the rookie contract, getting that NIL money in the mean time, if it means the right team, is a no brainer.

He'd be an idiot for going back! ZERO upside. So you avoid AZ only to end up in what, Tennessee? Houston? Washington? Minnesota?

He has no say so where he ends up in 2025, assuming he's still healthy/#1 pick!!

It's like having the winning a $42M Winning Lottery Ticket but saying, you know what I'm going to wait till next year to hopefully cash in a better one. GTFOH!

I'm sure Caleb's camp is 🙏🙏 for a 💩 Rams season landing him at the LAR. Which might actually occur.

Edited by Nabbs4u

18 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

He'd be an idiot for going back! ZERO upside. So you avoid AZ only to end up in what, Tennessee? Houston? Washington? Minnesota?

He has no say so where he ends up in 2025, assuming he's still healthy/#1 pick!!

It's like having the winning a $42M Winning Lottery Ticket but saying, you know what I'm going to wait till next year to hopefully cash in a better one. GTFOH!

I'm sure Caleb's camp is 🙏🙏 for a 💩 Rams season landing him at the LAR. Which might actually occur.

Nabbs, you're still living in 2005.

7 minutes ago, Danger said:

Nabbs, you're still living in 2005.

I think you guys over estimate the fact he's already a Millionaire because of NIL money. Money that can disappear with a catastrophic career ending injury as a College athlete. 

You want to go back to raise your draft stock, 👍. If you are already the consensus #1 pick, you cash TF in. Simple as that. Otherwise you deserves what you get. Bad luck and all. Crappier destination when it's all said and done in 2025 and all.

Edited by Nabbs4u

35 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

I think you guys over estimate the fact he's already a Millionaire because of NIL money. Money that can disappear with a catastrophic career ending injury as a College athlete. 

What you're not considering is the scale of a rookie contract compared to a 2nd contract. For a prospect of his caliber, it's very much worth waiting if it could put him in a more successful position long term.

53 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

You want to go back to raise your draft stock, 👍. If you are already the consensus #1 pick, you cash TF in. Simple as that. Otherwise you deserves what you get. Bad luck and all. Crappier destination when it's all said and done in 2025 and all.

lol the hell is wrong with you

• Like 3

If you’re hands down the #1 pick, you enter the draft. If you want to try and Eli yourself into a different situation than so be it but it’s an extremely idiotic decision to forgo that type of money. 

Bryce Young is making $40M guaranteed. If he’s relatively smart with his money, he’ll net roughly $13M, included are taxes and some frivolous spending within the next 5 years. He can leave football forever and collect an easy 40k+ a month in perpetuity for his lifetime, allocated simply and correctly. Why chance it if that’s your absolute floor? 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, UndyTaker said:

lol the hell is wrong with you

An intelligent human being, you?

15 minutes ago, Jroc04 said:

If you’re hands down the #1 pick, you enter the draft. If you want to try and Eli yourself into a different situation than so be it but it’s an extremely idiotic decision to forgo that type of money. 

🍺

4 hours ago, Jroc04 said:

Bryce Young is making $40M guaranteed. If he’s relatively smart with his money, he’ll net roughly $13M, included are taxes and some frivolous spending within the next 5 years. He can leave football forever and collect an easy 40k+ a month in perpetuity for his lifetime, allocated simply and correctly. Why chance it if that’s your absolute floor? 

It's not a question. NIL money makes college very profitable for the big names. Going first overall is completely life changing. The money you make on that contract sets you up for the rest of your life regardless of how you play. And if you really believe that you are that dude.... go to any team and make them winners. Sure it might take a little bit longer at some spots, but if you really are that good then no one will stop you from showing everyone that.