Eagles 2023 Training Camp Thread: It Begins

Kiltman

15 hours ago, Jeezla said:

Sounds like Terrell Edmunds ain't the answer at S. Not really a surprise there.

Also, if we're giving Barnett looks at LB...we should probably trade for another LB. Like an actual MLB instead of the WLB's we've been signing.

Have a feeling opposing TE's are going to get more yards against us then they do on average, based on the talent we have at LB and S.

Reddick - Cox - Davis - Carter - Sweat
                  Jack      -        Dean

Slay -  SS - Blankenship - Bradberry

11 minutes ago, UndyTaker said:

I think Howie is waiting towards the end of training camp to see if any other injuries happen to this team that would take the priority in a trade or FA. After the 1st or 2nd preseason game I would bet he makes a move or two.

Makes perfect sense to me. I'm honestly curious if Queen is even available.  I know the assumption was there, but now that camp started, he is attending and playing the good little soldier, is he really? 

I mean the Ravens have SB aspirations too, why trade one of thier best defensive players?

7 hours ago, Nabbs4u said:

Makes perfect sense to me. I'm honestly curious if Queen is even available.  I know the assumption was there, but now that camp started, he is attending and playing the good little soldier, is he really? 

I mean the Ravens have SB aspirations too, why trade one of thier best defensive players?

No more undersized MLB's please. We need a guy like Vander Esch, but more agile. Maybe get Chad Muma or Troy Andersen on the cheap. I don't think we should spend more than a 3rd in a trade. Ravens might want a 2nd for Queen, and while Queen is good in coverage (for a LB), he's really not that great against the run. Makes a lot of his tackles after the RB already gets 5 yards, and he was looking pretty lousy in general last season before Roquan got there and made life easier. What we need is a Jordan Hicks.

Edited by Jeezla

7 hours ago, UndyTaker said:

I think Howie is waiting towards the end of training camp to see if any other injuries happen to this team that would take the priority in a trade or FA. After the 1st or 2nd preseason game I would bet he makes a move or two.

It'll either happen week 3ish of the preseason, or week 6ish of the regular season. Or both.

Edited by Jeezla

8 hours ago, Danger said:

Reddick - Cox - Davis - Carter - Sweat
                  Jack      -        Dean

Slay -  SS - Blankenship - Bradberry

I'd rather see

Graham-Davis-Carter-Sweat (w/Reddick freelancing as the 5th DL or 2nd LB)
Dean as the only LB, unless Reddick decides to not rush the passer
Slay-----Maddox------Bradberry
---eventually Sydney Brown playing close to the box-----Blankenship

I don't want to really see Jordan Davis ever play traditional 3/4 NT and just occupy space. Use him like the Giants use Dexter, and let JD use that athleticism and girth to get upfield. Screw the 3/4 and the 4-3. We should be a 5-2 base, w/all 5 lineman attacking upfield and wrecking the opposing blocking scheme. The Eagles should never have 3 off-ball LB's on the field at the same time, and Ideally we're forcing teams to pass and rarely even need 2 off-ball LB's outside of when we play the few teams that still run the ball a lot- like NYG, DAL, IND, CLE, and TEN. 

Edited by Jeezla

2 hours ago, Jeezla said:

What we need is a Jordan Hicks.

I remember when 3/4 of this forum hated Hicks, "to injury prone", "can't stay healthy, "waste of a 3rd"".

Until he left and balled out as a Cardinal and we were stuck in purgatory. 

11 hours ago, Nabbs4u said:

I remember when 3/4 of this forum hated Hicks, "to injury prone", "can't stay healthy, "waste of a 3rd"".

Until he left and balled out as a Cardinal and we were stuck in purgatory. 

He got 4 years, 34M.  I’d still pass.