We STILL have to fire Hue Jackson

hornbybrown

3 hours ago, brownie man said:

I think that is honestly the one thing that would make me stop being a Browns fan 

id rather go 0-16 than hire Jeff Fisher 

I don’t know if I’d stop, I do know there’s no way I’d draft a qb. No way I’d do that to a new qb. 

On 12/17/2017 at 12:54 AM, Iamcanadian said:

There are plenty of examples of great OC's who were complete flops as HC's. Norv Turner is a perfect example. One of the best OC's in the business, but a complete flop as a HC.

I suspect, this is what hUe may be.

It really takes a special talent/ability to be a successful NFL head coach. We have seen our share of failed coordinators as head coach in Cleveland. Romeo Crennel, Mangini, even Pettine. But look around the NFL. The head coaching landscape is littered with them. The above-mentioned Norv Turner. Martin Moherninwig, Cameron Cameron, David Wannenstadt, Josh McDaniels, and on and on and on. 

Dorsey said today that the great and powerful Oz, errrrr, owner has spoken as to the head coach for next year, and it will be Hue. Could that change on January 2?  I suppose, but l think that 2018 will be the determinate to say if Hue falls into the David Shula category.  He may not be there yet, but he’s close.  

3 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Not when 8-8 is the ceiling.

The dude still coaches like its 2001, his time has passed. I want some fresh thoughts and ideas.

I just moved to the West coast and have been trying to pick between the 49ers and Rams as my west coast team (I work until 1 or so out here on Sundays, so I haven't seen a Browns game live all year).

If we hire Jeff Fisher, I'm just gonna pretend the Browns don't exist until he's gone.

Archived