We STILL have to fire Hue Jackson

hornbybrown

1 hour ago, mistakey said:

man, i used to be a consistency guy but its pretty obvious this dude just sucks as a coach

gotta be some linebacker coach out there whos better than this

Yep he is garbage before you even take into account the total lack of personal accountability. The way he throws other people under the bus is terrible 

2 hours ago, Mastercheddaar said:

Our defense is GOOD right now, AND we have 2 big pieces on the IR. I'm thinking we add a CB and maybe a mid/late round DB and we will be GREAT! If we get a decent offense led by a top 18-12 QB in the league I know we could win games. This draft and FA season is going to be key for any future success of this team. 

That is all

Mastercheddaar

You realize this GOOD defense you are talking about has given up at least 27 points in eight of our 14 games, so far?  And in six of the eight, they allowed at least 30, with a high of 38 with a couple of 33 point efforts thrown in for good measure?  If that's a good defense, I hate to see us if we had a BAD defense.

13 minutes ago, Kathouse Sticks said:

You realize this GOOD defense you are talking about has given up at least 27 points in eight of our 14 games, so far?  And in six of the eight, they allowed at least 30, with a high of 38 with a couple of 33 point efforts thrown in for good measure?  If that's a good defense, I hate to see us if we had a BAD defense.

Thanks for the hot take Dizzy.

31 minutes ago, Kathouse Sticks said:

I don't know that at all.  My point was that while we may be okay against the run, when it really matters, on third down, we are failing almost 41% of the time and letting the other team extend drives.  As a defense, we have to get better.  That is what I was trying to say.  

I don't understand how we can look at it and say, we have a good defense.  Our defense has played okay at times, but overall, still not very good.  There is a reason we are 0-14, and the defense is part of it.  It is.  Watch the games.  The tape doesn't lie.  Even Buerlein and Tasker were talking about the "easy" 7 yard pass that Flacco was able to complete for a first down because our DBs were playing 10 yards off the receiver on a 3rd and 4.  Now does that sound like a good defense to anyone?

No one is saying we have an elite defense. We are just saying the defense is a lot better than last year and years prior even tho they are missing there best player in Collins, Garrett being hurt in the beginning, losing another starter in Ogbah, and etc.

the defense gets talked up even more cause the offense is so bad. The defense is a small part of the reason we are 0-14 but could you imagine how good the defense could be if they had a competent offense behind them or competent play caller for the offense

does it sound like a legit defense like you said, no, sounds like a defense who needs better corners IMO. 

32 minutes ago, buno67 said:

No one is saying we have an elite defense. We are just saying the defense is a lot better than last year and years prior even tho they are missing there best player in Collins, Garrett being hurt in the beginning, losing another starter in Ogbah, and etc.

the defense gets talked up even more cause the offense is so bad. The defense is a small part of the reason we are 0-14 but could you imagine how good the defense could be if they had a competent offense behind them or competent play caller for the offense

does it sound like a legit defense like you said, no, sounds like a defense who needs better corners IMO. 

Everyone loses starters to injuries.  We need depth....corners....a pass rush, a better scheme.

Is the team better defensively?  Sure

Are there decent pieces in place?  Yup

I think, as usual, people overrate how good this defense actually is.  Maybe its because the Offense is at an all time awful.

1 hour ago, Kathouse Sticks said:

You realize how many times the defense was put into bad spots because of the offense. How times has the offense turned the ball over and the opposing offense was already in scoring position. The browns defense did give up 16th most yards.  That’s middle of the road. Also believe the Browns defense had the 28tj worth starting position. 

3 hours ago, buno67 said:

You realize how many times the defense was put into bad spots because of the offense. How times has the offense turned the ball over and the opposing offense was already in scoring position. The browns defense did give up 16th most yards.  That’s middle of the road. Also believe the Browns defense had the 28tj worth starting position. 

Oh, absolutely the offense has thrown gas on the fire, without question. They aren’t helping matters any. 

The talent on this team is not a 1-31 collection of talent. Okay, we have useless QBs but even so, the defense and run game alone lends itself to more than one win in thirty-one attempts.

The man is a terrible coach, and in what actually came as a surprise to me over time, considering his first impressions, a bad guy too.

1 minute ago, Aztec Hammer said:

The talent on this team is not a 1-31 collection of talent.

This is very true.  Even with bad QB play we have lost about 5-6 games the past two years that an aversge head coach would not have screwed up.  Hue is far below average.  Cant wait till he is gone

Archived