We STILL have to fire Hue Jackson

hornbybrown

32 minutes ago, duke2056 said:

Kathouse, if a QB throws 5 passes that are all dropped, you probably put half the blame on the QB dont you.

No sir, Duke. Why would anybody do that?  A drop is a drop. A missed tackle is a missed tackle. And Chris Tabor still can’t coach Pee Wee special teams and you can put that on the board, YESSSSS!

Sanity check time:

I have read one or two posts that indicated that a couple of forum members inexplicably are in favor of giving Cueball another year/chance.

The rest of us seem to want his round head to roll for what seem to be a lot of real good reasons.

Is it possible that we all are wrong?

And, if so, what are we missing?

17 minutes ago, bruceb said:

Sanity check time:

I have read one or two posts that indicated that a couple of forum members inexplicably are in favor of giving Cueball another year/chance.

The rest of us seem to want his round head to roll for what seem to be a lot of real good reasons.

Is it possible that we all are wrong?

And, if so, what are we missing?

This is my opinion. As of now, I would be inclined to give Jackson a third year.  How could he possibly be expected to win with the roster he was given. If the argument is that the plan wasn’t to win this year, then what’s the problem?  He’s got us right where we should be, and there is no reason to fire him. 

I understand that there could be a lot of reasons for him to go. And if he goes, he goes. I don’t feel that strongly about it. 

What are we missing?  I would defer to this clip...None of us know.  We THINK we know...

https://youtu.be/NHipzGL4dwM

5 minutes ago, Kathouse Sticks said:

How could he possibly be expected to win with the roster he was given.

FYI, I do not buy the roster argument for a second, especially since so many opportunities to win games were lost because of Cueball's horrible play-calling, clock management, stupid challenges, etc.

Apart from all that, nobody expected us to win many games but, likewise, no one expected us to lose every game we played.

1 hour ago, duke2056 said:

Is there some sort of advanced defensive stat that takes the average amount of points given up per drive while factoring in opponents starting field position?

I got one for ya....I believe there are stats out there, because I think I heard it  during a game.  How many times have we blitzed, and actually affected the QB?  Williams blitzes non-stop, and I hardly ever see any pressure put on the QB.  It is very disheartening, and shows that we are no where near more than an average D.

5 minutes ago, bruceb said:

FYI, I do not buy the roster argument for a second, especially since so many opportunities to win games were lost because of Cueball's horrible play-calling, clock management, stupid challenges, etc.

Apart from all that, nobody expected us to win many games but, likewise, no one expected us to lose every game we played.

Agreed.

Just because there isn't an expectation to win doesn't give the coach a free pass for doing a piss poor job running the offense, mismanaging the clock, throwing everyone in his path under the bus and staging a coup on the front office that hired him.

Hue can kick rocks.

6 minutes ago, big poppa pump said:

I got one for ya....I believe there are stats out there, because I think I heard it  during a game.  How many times have we blitzed, and actually affected the QB?  Williams blitzes non-stop, and I hardly ever see any pressure put on the QB.  It is very disheartening, and shows that we are no where near more than an average D.

We see it every game, Big Pop. Good call. 

12 minutes ago, bruceb said:

Well again, my opinion, here. While Hue May have his coaching faults, he was basically asked to coach with not one single NFL caliber WR running routes (jury still out on Coleman-I get it), no dependable kicking game or special teams worth a good diddly poo, and a QB that is inaccurate, a turnover machine, makes poor decisions and fails miserably at protecting the football.  

So, if we did in fact lose games we had opportunities to win because of Hue, you must also give Kizer his due for the wins he has cost us as well. 

3 minutes ago, Kathouse Sticks said:

So, if we did in fact lose games we had opportunities to win because of Hue, you must also give Kizer his due for the wins he has cost us as well. 

Cueball's decision to start and stay with him. Also on Cue.

2 minutes ago, duke2056 said:

Convincing arguments about how our D sucks 

I am starting to think the offensive struggles are in large part due to how bad our defense is.

All I have seen posted are stats that show how well our run defense has played.  This is true.  Our run d has improved!!!!!  Bravo

We cannot pressure the QB

We can't get off the field on 3rd down

We give up a ton of points, (albeit due to some horrific offense on our part.)

We don't get turnovers.

The excuses are getting old....it's the offenses fault, it's Hue's fault. It's Williams fault....the scheme is bad

Yes, all the above are true, but it doesn't mean that we are sitting on some awesome defense.  We are average to below average...with the opportunity to get much better with some more pieces (S, CB, another pass rusher...depth at LB)

Archived