Week 14 GameDay Thread: Titans (8-4) vs. Cardinals (5-7)

KingTitan

Image result for titans vs cardinals tickets

Related image

The Titans are looking to win the first of 3 straight games against the NFC west. The Cardinals are QB'd by the infamous Blaine Gabbert who is looking to exact more revenge against all those who wronged him in Jacksonville.  Mike Murlakey is next on the list. 

Corey Davis and the WR crew are looking to make plays like Britt when the Titans played the Cardinals in 2009.  Cardinals have won 2 of the last 3 games vs. the Titans. 

Titans need this win, while Jacksonville are taking on the Seahawks. A victory puts some much needed space between the two.

I think it will be close as all the Titans games are. Titans should win though even if the Titans do let Gabbert have a career day. Titans need to contain Larry’s Fitzgerald. Because of the speed of the other WRs I def don’t see the Titans lining up Jackson on Fitz but if they double him we should be ok. If Peterson misses another game it helps but even if he plays the Titans have been tremendous stopping the run so I don’t think he’s a worry. 

The Giants game his rookie year where we rallied from down 21 in the fourth was another real fun one. VY leading the offense and Pac having two picks really had me believing that those two were going to be centerpieces on each side for a long, long time. What a waste.

And on topic, I'm nervous about this game. I'd like to think that we will beat a team that has Blaine Gabbert at quarterback, but Larry Fitzgerald really worries me if Logan Ryan is out. And the Cards have a pretty solid defense. I'll say this for the 7th straight week, it'd really be nice to see the offense perform up to its talent level. Sounds like there's a good chance Rishard is back this week (even though honestly, I wouldn't be against him resting the next two weeks and guaranteeing he's back at 100% for the Rams/Jaguars/Playoff stretch).

I have faith the Titans pull it out. Marcus and this team has a way of pulling games out it’s not ideal but I just don’t see Gabbert making enough plays to win. At some point someone on defense will make a play if it’s Adoree or Ryan or even Byard again. The Titans do such a good job stopping the run that they will start making teams pay and snag a few picks and maybe this is that game 

This will be a tough game if the offense does not show marked improvement. The Cardinals are a good team even with Gabbert at QB.

That being said I am not going to be able to watch this one when it is live. So if the pattern for other games I could not see this year hold true (namely Week 2 at Jaguars and Week 3 vs Seahawks) the Titans will play one of their best games and win when I am not able to watch lol.

I sure hope the pattern holds this week.

Archived