JuJU penalty

3rivers

I laughed at Burfict lying on the ground.    I knew he wasnt paralyzed because I saw him moving his legs, but he deserves to get knocked the eff out a few times after the garbage he has pulled.

I was not, HOWEVER, happy with Juju taunting.   Even if it is Burfict, it was stupid, and you havent even been part of this rivalry for a full season.    Grow up and let your play do the talking.   

Gruden and the other guy running their mouths and pretending to be mocked about something they grew up adoring in NFL players is a joke. The hit wasn't malicious and seemed borderline clean to me but maybe I'm not aware of the rules. Taunting penalties in the NFL need to gtfo last sunday. What a joke. These are grown men making millions of dollars, if you have a problem with someone taunting you, hit them harder the next play.

The hit itself immediately reminded me of Hines Ward.

Just now, grubs10 said:

I think thats kind of the opposite of what the NFL wants to see.

Not at all. The NFL only cares about money and ratings. Big hits are still a thing as long as they aren't hits to the head since the NFL got caught trying to hide CTE for so long.

You know what?  I had no problem with JuJu and that penalty.  Now hear me out first!  He was already going to get flagged for the KO blow on that worthless thug.  The taunting was a freebie!  So the only person he hurt was himself in the checkbook.  I was already really starting to warm to JuJu quite a bit this year because he's been producing, even though I didn't think he was the best WR available and not who I would've taken.  But after THAT hit!  And then he proceeded to keep his head and make a key LEGAL block right after that on that James catch inside the 10 yard line.  Definitely starting to love this guy!  I was just hoping that the thug was down for the count.  Burfict has no business playing in the NFL.  Every play he tries to injure the opponent.  He deserves some sweet chin music.  

I viewed it as a clean block. Led with the shoulder, helmet to the side. With the rules, not surprised to see the flag for it. Certainly no meliscious intent. The taunting was dumb, I don’t really think taunting is that big of deal but that is the rules and is pretty clear cut. 

The JuJu block was the epitome of the Hines Ward Rule. The flag was warranted given the rule. JuJu hit the side of Burfict's face a la Hines and Rivers. You can disagree with the rule (I do) but not the call. 

"A 15-yard penalty will be enforced if a player delivers a blindside block to the head of a defender using his helmet, forearm or shoulder. The penalty will be enforced if a helmet, shoulder or forearm strikes the head or neck of the defender".

2 minutes ago, grubs10 said:

Randos all over twitter trying to compare it to what Gronk did yesterday and saying he should be suspended.

Morons are apparently too stupid to understand that one was clear intent to hurt a player AFTER THE PLAY WAS OVER, and the other was a vicious block with incidental helmet to helmet DURING THE PLAY.    And even if you wanted to argue that Juju's helmet to helmet was intentional, you cant prove it even if it was.    Whereas Gronk dove as a player sitting on the ground....out of bounds....as the whistles blew.

Again, I dont condone Juju's stupid taunting....but regardless of whether you believe he did it on purpose or not, there is no way to prove intent there.    You absolutely can with Gronk since the play was clearly dead and you only do that kind of thing for one reason.

Juju will and should get a fine.   If you argue he should be suspended a game, Gronk should be suspended 3 or 4.

45 minutes ago, grubs10 said:

Randos all over twitter trying to compare it to what Gronk did yesterday and saying he should be suspended.

Dumbtards. No relation between the 2. My opinion of Gruden took a downward swing. I kinda like his Old School shtick but his comments re: JuJu were ridiculous. To top it off he wouldn't stop going GaGa over Burfict. He's been bumped down the list next to the seemingly always out of breath Chris Berman. "Whoooop!" 

Archived