JuJU penalty

3rivers

20 minutes ago, grubs10 said:

I should have known this would happen in this league.  The only way the league can save face and not be a joke is to reduce JuJus following appeal and stand with one game for Gronk.

They can either look foolish and reduce some or all the suspensions or risk angering even more owners that probably should not be angered. 

46 minutes ago, jebrick said:

I totally disagree that Iloka does not deserve a suspension.  That hit is classic targeting hit to the head of a defenseless receiver.  And it is not his first.

Saw an article were Iloka has two fines during his NFL career. I don't know his true playing history so if he is a malicious player so be it, but it sure doesnt seem like it.

But the point of my not agreeing with his suspension is that this is a play that we see every week somewhere. Its high speed football and shots to the head result in a penalty - which this play received. Penalties and fines have been the consequences, but now all of a sudden in week 13 of a season - when playoffs will be won or lost - the NFL has decided that suspensions will now be handed down. 

Next week say Sean Davis has a similar hit to the head that he had in Detroit that was caused by a player dropping the ball and dropping their head. That's the classic targeting hit. Can and will that lead to a suspension now? Because losing him going into a New England game based on someone in the league office moving the goal posts on calls/penalties is down right BS. 

To me, they are reacting to the JuJu suspension knowing full well they cannot suspend that illegal block and not suspend the illegal hit a few plays after - though, the only reason they wanted the suspension was for the optics of the taunt on national television because they need to protect their safety first brand. But now, since they have set the precedent, moving forward every hit to a defenseless receiver will be subject to suspension and if they are not you can look right back at this game and wonder what in the world they were doing suspending players in the first place. 

Iloka's hit was blatant.  He targeted the temple of Brown's helmet with the crown of his own helmet.  It was blatant.  He deserves his suspension

Juju targeted Burfict's chest with his own shoulder, and connected.  However, as usually happens, his own helmet lifted up into the bottom of Burfict's facemask as Burfict's feet flew out from underneath him, and as a result, it was worthy of a 15-yarder.  

The suspension should be appealed, and we should win the appeal, considering this is Juju's first penalty of any sort

2 hours ago, August4th said:

That's straight up [MOD EDIT]. Only slightly justified if Gronkowski's suspension is increased to 3 games minimum. Makes zero sense that Schuster's block and Gronk's despicable actions are viewed in the same light.

@Carmen Cygni -appreciate the passion man, but please don't cuss. That's a big no-no here. There's a reason you knew you had to edit that word out.

I'll let this one slide since you're new, but next time I'll have to hand out a warning.

(- your friend mod, @steelcurtain29)

2 hours ago, steelcurtain29 said:

He got him with some helmet-to-helmet, though that clearly WAS NOT HIS INTENTION.

To me, if that's a Steeler being blown up, I'm not complaining; as it looked clean to me.

Agreed.

Him standing over Burfict probably damned him.

Still, the league is an effing joke.    Each year my fandom of the NFL shrinks bit by bit....and this year its taking a huge hit since the league wants to act as some moral authority on political views whilst pushing a false narrative, and guys who have no business critiquing anyones moral compass acting all holier than thou.     ESPN is tanking hard....the NFL is next in line IMO.

37 minutes ago, Chieferific said:

This is sooooooo stupid. As suggested earlier, there is NO precedent for this. How he lost his appeal is beyond me. Just making up rules as you go along diminishes your company's credibility. The NFL's downward spiral continues. 

Welcome to 2007, Chief. I don't even want to argue any other aspect of this. It's just fun for me to see people finally admit what I've been saying for years when it comes to the league office's decisions. They're entirely reactionary and kneejerk, and sometimes downright opportunistic based on what will help them stretch their authority over the players to a larger extent. This is clear in every single area of conduct the league office rules on whether on or off the field, but some of you refuse to admit this.

It's entirely possible to disagree over the path the league takes on certain subject matters and to agree that there should be something approaching actual due process. Some actual clear rules and guidelines to let players know this is the line, and if you cross it, you're screwed. So I can, say, disagree with the league's drug testing procedures while recognizing that they are at least evenly enforced and every player knows where they stand. In theory. You fail x drug tests, you're going to get this punishment. Where as when it comes to the approach the league has taken to many other matters, it's just made up as they go along based on media headlines.

It's a poor way to run a league. I only wish more people were willing to separate their personal feelings from particular situations and focus on process rather than just results. Over time, that approach, focusing on results, is bound to leave everyone disappointed (to say the least) one time or another.

8 hours ago, FourThreeMafia said:

Agreed.

Him standing over Burfict probably damned him.

Still, the league is an effing joke.    Each year my fandom of the NFL shrinks bit by bit....and this year its taking a huge hit since the league wants to act as some moral authority on political views whilst pushing a false narrative, and guys who have no business critiquing anyones moral compass acting all holier than thou.     ESPN is tanking hard....the NFL is next in line IMO.

Literally my thoughts as soon as that happened,

There are a lot of moments when I wonder if I actually like the guys wearing the jerseys or behind the aviators on this team. This week is not one of those times.

296eyrl.jpg

I love the wanton defiance of the league office and the media over the years on this subject.

On 12/5/2017 at 12:00 PM, JLambert58 said:

I agree with this.  From one angle, the hit looks clean, from the other angle, it looks too high.  

I thought it was an illegal hit at first, until I saw a replay from a different angle today.  He clearly led with his shoulder and was aiming lower than I thought.  The league should've seen that too.  I think they only suspended him because he taunted him afterwards.  

Archived