JuJU penalty

3rivers

4 hours ago, Chieferific said:

The JuJu block was the epitome of the Hines Ward Rule. The flag was warranted given the rule. JuJu hit the side of Burfict's face a la Hines and Rivers. You can disagree with the rule (I do) but not the call. 

"A 15-yard penalty will be enforced if a player delivers a blindside block to the head of a defender using his helmet, forearm or shoulder. The penalty will be enforced if a helmet, shoulder or forearm strikes the head or neck of the defender".

This is what I saw.  BSPN said he was penalized for taunting.

10 minutes ago, jebrick said:

This is what I saw.  BSPN said he was penalized for taunting.

He got a flag for both the hit and taunting. However in NFL rules you can only be penalized for one and not both. 

If you guys thought Gruden was bad you should have heard Boomer Eisiesen on the radio going on about how it should have been 30 yards and JuJu should have been ejected. Then on the Brown his he claimed it was “price of doing business” until his radio partner (Iain Eagle?) basically ripped into Boomer just going “Iloka hit him in the head. Call it one way and you have to call it the other way.” Boomer in response: “I guess.”

5 hours ago, Chieferific said:

The JuJu block was the epitome of the Hines Ward Rule. The flag was warranted given the rule. JuJu hit the side of Burfict's face a la Hines and Rivers. You can disagree with the rule (I do) but not the call. 

"A 15-yard penalty will be enforced if a player delivers a blindside block to the head of a defender using his helmet, forearm or shoulder. The penalty will be enforced if a helmet, shoulder or forearm strikes the head or neck of the defender".

you're not helping.  

unless of course "blindside"  now means  "running for 4-5 steps in sync  towards the guy you are going to hit while your sternums are directly facing against each other"

juju's hit was a thing of beauty.  

I can only laugh at the pathetic hypocrites who complained about it.  That hit was perhaps 1/50th of the karma Burfict deserves.  Burfict immediately moved around, grabbed at Juju's legs, etc.  There was never any question he was fine, he just got his clock cleaned is all, and it was well-deserved.  Those same hypocrites were calling Burfict's hit on Brown last year "the price of doing business", and Iloka's direct crown-of-helmet-to-helmet hit on Brown as "the price of doing business" and Burfict taking Bell's knee out "the price of doing business"

I'd like to slap the taste out of their mouths and let them know that's just the price of doing business.  <insert a long string of profanity here>

That said, it's about high time I went out and bought me a new Juju jersey!

5 hours ago, grubs10 said:

Randos all over twitter trying to compare it to what Gronk did yesterday and saying he should be suspended.

The internet is scary when you realize just how stupid a lot of people are. This is what happens when we start putting warning labels on everything.

5 hours ago, Chieferific said:

What makes a hit "Blindside" legally? https://www.clippituser.tv/c/rvmgvg He ran straight into him almost, Burfict's fault for not watching where he was running tbh.

1 hour ago, warfelg said:

He got a flag for both the hit and taunting. However in NFL rules you can only be penalized for one and not both. 

If you guys thought Gruden was bad you should have heard Boomer Eisiesen on the radio going on about how it should have been 30 yards and JuJu should have been ejected. Then on the Brown his he claimed it was “price of doing business” until his radio partner (Iain Eagle?) basically ripped into Boomer just going “Iloka hit him in the head. Call it one way and you have to call it the other way.” Boomer in response: “I guess.”

Any of these guys on TV or radio complaining about JuJu's hit and taunting can gtfo, just the most clownish and obvious virtue signalling and pearl clutching. I bet you money they grew up idealizing guys who did worse back in the 70s and 80s.  http://www.nflfilms.com/specialorders/crunchHardHitting.php read the first one from 1990, "Get an inside look into the mentality of hitting and the heart of the hitman." Vontaze Burfict is widely regarded as the dirtiest player in the NFL but if he had played in the 70s he would be considered a god and HOFer for the stuff he does.

I wonder if anybody can find either Gruden's or Boomer's reactions to the Hines Ward hit back in the day, I bet they loved it. 

The hit wasn't malicious and I would argue shouldn't have even actually been penalized, Vontaze's fault he wasn't looking in the direction he was running, Taunting penalties are a joke, I literally never heard of anyone complaining about what JuJu did before it became a penalty. The NFL acts like it wants to lose money it's run so poorly these days.

The hit itself to me was not illegal it was a clean block. There should not have been a flag for a personal foul penalty against Juju Smith for the hit. However the taunting went way too far. I'm almost willing to bet just like Rob Gronkowski 2 days ago that Juju Smith get suspended for one game

I'm not the type of guy that wishes injury on people I'm really not but you are not going to see me shed a tear over the fact that Vontaze Burfict got knocked the hell out last night but a very physical young wide receiver it's pretty much going to in some ways seemingly fill the shoes of our former great Hines Ward. If anybody who deserves to be carted off the field given the way he plays the game and goes out of his way to injure people it is Vontaze Burfict you are not going to see me shed a tear or a prayer for that piece of crap

The hit was a penalty.  I deleted the game already so I can't go watch it again, but it looked like a textbook targeting type hit to me, helmet to helmet.  But I'm fine with that, since it was on a worthless thug who should be banned from the NFL for his constantly repeated egregious dirty play.  He should've never been allowed into the NFL to begin with.  Yet you have lifetime bans on guys for smoking weed.  Makes sense (and I don't disagree with the lifetime ban for violating the banned substance policy at all, but come on, which is worse?!).  

3 hours ago, SlevinKelevra said:

you're not helping.  

unless of course "blindside"  now means  "running for 4-5 steps in sync  towards the guy you are going to hit while your sternums are directly facing against each other"

I hear ya but IF I remember the rule correctly, the player has to see you coming in an effort to allow him to brace himself.  Burfict did not see JuJu coming. 

Archived