JuJU penalty

3rivers

1 minute ago, wwhickok said:

I hope they both appeal and both win their appeals and get them reduced to fines.  Because there's no way in hell they deserve the same punishment as that dirt bag Rob Gronkowski.

Yep, both Illoka and JuJu committed illegal plays during play. Gronk waited until after whistle to drop a Macho Man Randy Savage elbow from the top turnbuckle. 

I'm just assuming but I'd guess that the suspension has more to do with the taunting. If they didn't suspend JuJu for standing over a dude who looked like he was knocked out and most likely concussed, they'd catch heat. 

I know Burfict was not knocked out but it's the look.

5 minutes ago, August4th said:

can live with these suspensions if every player who makes helmet to helmet contact gets suspended ..better start seeing these kind of suspensions weekly

I'd be willing to be the NFL will start implementing an NCAA style of penalization for targeting. This will be one of the major talking points in the offseason. 

I usually dont care about these things because the NFL has a job to do to win with sponsors, the fans, the clients, the player, etc...and they have to find balance with all of them....

But this has me fired up. 

JuJu got suspended for being mean to a guy. Gronk physically assaulted someone. They get the same penalty. Maybe if the Pats played Monday instead of Sunday the NFL goes back and says two games for Gronk, but they reacted to the nation watching on Monday. 

Iloka does not deserve a suspension. At all. But they couldnt do it to JuJu without taking action against that play as well. There is a form of taunting every single week. Players can play duck, duck, goose in the endzone with the entire team. You could audibly hear the "F*** you" going back and forth on the broadcast last night. Its a suspension based on optics, and the NFLs desire to push that they are striving for change. Sure these things are not apples to apples, but every single player that blows up a receiver or a running back and celebrates their big hit is now in line for a suspension -- or at least, that's the precedent you are setting. That you do not want people to celebrate others misfortune -- and that happens every single week. 

The optics thing blows me mind too, because the "optics" of this rivalry on prime time late in the season was too much for the NFL to pass up on. The NFL CHOSE this game for the dramatics to be on Monday night late in the season -- they got what they asked for. This was it. They wanted it, they got it and now are trying to react in saying "this is not what we wanted". Yes it was. You know the recent history and the crap we got last night and on into today is the drama infested filth you wanted. And now you are deeming actions that happen INSIDE OF PLAYS to be the same as Mike Evans and Gronk assaulting players after the whistle - outside of football. Its absurd. 

I totally disagree that Iloka does not deserve a suspension.  That hit is classic targeting hit to the head of a defenseless receiver.  And it is not his first.

At full speed, JuJu's hit looks like the Hines Ward rule.  In slow motion it looks much cleaner.  I think the taunting tipped it over the edge.

2 hours ago, grubs10 said:

If he were to get the same length suspension that Gronk got would be a joke.  You can't suspend him after only giving Gronk one game.  But I won't be surprised at all if they do.

I should have known this would happen in this league.  The only way the league can save face and not be a joke is to reduce JuJus following appeal and stand with one game for Gronk.

Archived