Tired of ineptness of this team from the top down

valkrei

2 hours ago, Chiefer said:

I wonder if using those draft picks and trading up for a QB this year would have been a better option

I don't think it would have helped to be honest unless someone was a breakout player.  This team is toxic right now, like someone already mentioned we have no leaders.

16 hours ago, TedLavie said:

One problem is we have drafted numerous guys with off the field issues recently (Kelce, Hill, Peters, Chris Jones ...) and believed that would work with our veteran leadership. Except now Jamaal and Maclin are gone, Berry and Tamba are injured, DJ and Alex are gone next year too and the next generation to (Houston, Kelce, Parker etc) aren't leaders. We need to bring leadership next offseason. 

I liked Dorsey, but this is on him too. No way we can judge Veach this early. 

As for the coaching, Reid has his faults for sure. But let's be real here, it's our first bad season since he got here and we're still at .500 tied for the AFCW lead. Before him we went to the playoffs like twice in 10 years. I trust him to figure it out, maybe not this year but next year with a new QB and Berry back. I like Nagy, and honestly his playcalling vs the Jets has been great. Barring a miraculous run starting now and going deep into the PO, Sutton is probably gone.

Players wise we need a big overhaul in the offseason I believe: new QB (Mahomes), new WR2, a couple of new OL, 2 interior DL, 1 pass rusher, 1 LB and 1 or 2 corners plus better depth in the back 7. By cutting Alex, DJ, Bailey, Tamba, Revis and Harris we would have 40M of cap. Add in Fisher (9,7M), Parker (6M) and/or Ford (8,7M) and you can go up to 63,7M. That's a lot of cap room to work with.

3 hours ago, mayanfootball said:

I wonder if we could get a no.1 DP for Peters? Or a no.1 and a no.3 for Kelce? Or a 1,2  for T. Hill? We will suffer next year if we don't do some trading. Could we get a no.5 for Alex Smith?

WvZh421.gif

Why not just trade everyone play all rookies and cast off free agents?

9 hours ago, Chiefs_5627 said:

Thought this was interesting:

Browns hired ex-Chiefs GM John Dorsey as general manager.

The hiring — announced just 11 hours after the Browns fired executive vice president Sashi Brown — must have been in the works for some time. The Browns claimed Thursday evening that they had also satisfied the Rooney Rule by interviewing a minority candidate. It's arguably the best-case outcome for the Browns after they panicked and pulled the plug on their outside-the-box analytical approach (bad process). Aside from some salary cap issues in Kansas City, Dorsey had emerged as one of the league's top general managers before his stunning June firing. With Brown stockpiling draft picks and young talent, Dorsey has the skill to put the project over the top. His first order of business will be deciding on a 2018 quarterback plan.

I really like our offensive core going forward.  

There’s no way I’d break apart the skill spots in this offense, minus Smith and D. Harris.

Free up some $$ by getting rid of Smith, Harris, DJ, Hali, and honestly Ford.  Spend that on rejuvenating the D, draft picks should be 90% on D also...  I’d always take a couple OL, but really the skill positions players are more than fine.. we just need someone to find them when they are open.  

2 hours ago, samsel23 said:

I really like our offensive core going forward.  

There’s no way I’d break apart the skill spots in this offense, minus Smith and D. Harris.

Free up some $$ by getting rid of Smith, Harris, DJ, Hali, and honestly Ford.  Spend that on rejuvenating the D, draft picks should be 90% on D also...  I’d always take a couple OL, but really the skill positions players are more than fine.. we just need someone to find them when they are open.  

Won't be many picks barring trades. We have a 2nd, 3rd, 4th, and 6th currently. 5th went to Cleveland for Cam Erving and our 7th to the 49ers for Kenneth Acker. We have an undisclosed, conditional pick for Marcus Cooper from the Cardinals from the 2016 trade. I can't find anything on what it may be, if anything.

13 hours ago, kingseanjohn said:

Why not just trade everyone play all rookies and cast off free agents?

I don't think any team would take Peters for their no. 1 DP,  but i'd do it in a heartbeat and get the best CB available that wants to cover AND tackle.

If we could get 2 high DP's each for Kelce and Hill we could have ammo to re-tool the defense with 4 players and still have the next draft to replace on offense too.

Think please. Next season, we'll not have Hali. Ford won't ever be the same. DJ is likely finished, same for Berry. That's 4 players that used to be the soul of our defense. Then we need to replace Gaines and others in the d.backfield. That's going to take some creativity.

I don''t mind playing GOOD rookies. I don't care for FA's at all. You build with the draft.

9 hours ago, kingseanjohn said:

Won't be many picks barring trades. We have a 2nd, 3rd, 4th, and 6th currently. 5th went to Cleveland for Cam Erving and our 7th to the 49ers for Kenneth Acker. We have an undisclosed, conditional pick for Marcus Cooper from the Cardinals from the 2016 trade. I can't find anything on what it may be, if anything.

Coop wound up having a decent year for them last year so I wouldn't doubt it if we got something in return (maybe even higher than a 7th).

34 minutes ago, mayanfootball said:

I don't think any team would take Peters for their no. 1 DP,  but i'd do it in a heartbeat and get the best CB available that wants to cover AND tackle.

If we could get 2 high DP's each for Kelce and Hill we could have ammo to re-tool the defense with 4 players and still have the next draft to replace on offense too.

Think please. Next season, we'll not have Hali. Ford won't ever be the same. DJ is likely finished, same for Berry. That's 4 players that used to be the soul of our defense. Then we need to replace Gaines and others in the d.backfield. That's going to take some creativity.

I don''t mind playing GOOD rookies. I don't care for FA's at all. You build with the draft.

You play too much Madden.

58 minutes ago, mayanfootball said:

Trading Hill and Kelce makes no sense.

Why not just use the next 2 drafts to work on the D?  Instead of tearing apart the O to fix the D.... Your scenario is a 2 year fix if everything works out perfect, we already have the pieces on O in the second scenario

1 hour ago, samsel23 said:

Trading Hill and Kelce makes no sense.

Why not just use the next 2 drafts to work on the D?  Instead of tearing apart the O to fix the D.... Your scenario is a 2 year fix if everything works out perfect, we already have the pieces on O in the second scenario

We use the 5 high DP's we receive to replace Peters, Kelce, Hill  and to re-tool the D. The '18 draft (and other 2pics leftover) can plug holes on both sides (D and O).

Archived