Training Camp 2017: Goodbye Mankato

Heimdallr

The center position is up for grabs, right?

Easton vs Elfein

Floyd vs Treadwell vs Wright (the 3rd receiver could be looked at as a starter given that we may not carry a FB this year)

Stephen vs T. Johnson vs J. Johnson vs Datone Jones (Is he playing UT for us?)

1 hour ago, TENINCH said:

Are there any position battles this year outside of maybe running back? Seems like we have some players trying to make the team but the barring some major upset it seems like the starters are kinda set.

Cornerback. Both Waynes and Alexander are trying to keep Newman off of the field. 

Safety. Sendejo is the definition of average. There will always be someone looking to take that job away from him. 

Right Guard. It's Berger's job to lose, but he honestly sounds like someone who is ready to retire. Plus, he's a proven swing interior lineman. With a great camp, a younger, longer term option like Isidora or Clemmings could steal he job. 

Weakside Linebacker. Robinson, Lamur, and Lee look to be battling for this spot. I think it's Robinson's to lose, and I don't expect Lamur to make the final roster. 

Sendejo while average had a good season last year and it seems the coaching staff loves him. I was under the assumption that Waynes was going to be the starter opposite Rhodes. Isidora winning the job would be a pleasant surprise. I'll have to keep an eye on the Weakside linebacker job.

I'm interested to see how the D-line operates. Zim spoke about how he is considering letting those guys loose a bit more, and how that could result in more blockers making it to the second level. I think we could have a heck of a dynamic line with the likes of Griffen and Hunter bookcapping the ends. I think if we let these guys go on some occasions, I think they could wreck havoc (and they have done well in the past even with the reigns pulled back). Will be cool to see if they run anything that lets us see this at camp.

Archived