Training Camp 2017: Goodbye Mankato

Heimdallr

6 hours ago, Heimdallr said:

It looks like Edmond Robinson is the  leading candidate at WLB. He seems to be getting the majority of 1st team looks.

We need someone to emerge as the clear cut starter. I hope Robinson is that guy.

47 minutes ago, TENINCH said:

Sounds like Mckinnon was back at practice today in pads. Sam is going to have some weapons on offense.

I agree. Offense should much improved. I see Bradford having solid year. Getting pretty pumped to see this offense in the preseason into the regular season. #bigplays

1 hour ago, marshpit23 said:

I agree. Offense should much improved. I see Bradford having solid year. Getting pretty pumped to see this offense in the preseason into the regular season. #bigplays

Yeah. I expect Bradford to be solid because I think the running game and defense will take over the game. He just needs to manage the game and make some throws when needed.

The competition at RG should be interesting. That would be a pleasant surprise if Clemmings could emerge, but I wouldn't hold my breath.

its been a long time coming for Edmond Robinson. Guess we may see what he's got this year. Doesn't seem like he has much competition at the moment.

7 hours ago, vike daddy said:

that was dumb on Exum's part, i feel. be like a baseball manager with an umpire and get in their face with your hands behind your back, but don't take multiple swings at a teammate.

Supposedly Newman called for a fight, or for more aggression in practice. Both guys seem to be cool with each other afterwards. Seems like this was almost more of a motivational booster/ morale type thing that can happen in these sorts of environments.

Exum laughed when it was suggested the two were complying with what Newman had requested.

Exum: “I don’t think you ever need fights. We were just competing, nothing serious. Treadwell’s a great competitor, and so am I. Neither one of us is backing down from anything out there. There’s nothing that will linger, it’s just regular training camp stuff. We’re still teammates. I still love him. We’re friends, so it’s not like we have any beef toward each other.’’

Treadwell declined comment.

http://www.twincities.com/2017/07/31/terence-newman-called-for-training-camp-fight-and-vikings-have-one/

10 hours ago, vike daddy said:

that was dumb on Exum's part, i feel. be like a baseball manager with an umpire and get in their face with your hands behind your back, but don't take multiple swings at a teammate.

Yeah...particularly if the teammate is wearing a helmet.  I am not sure why he got upset in the first place.  He had good coverage...that was just a superior catch by Treadwell.  9 out of 10 times that play will be an incompletion.

Archived