Shazier Injury News

MOSteelers56

3 minutes ago, Chieferific said:

Sorry, I see VW as a role player and a backup. He has limited athleticism and is a liability on the edges. No, he's not terrible and behind Shazier the best we have. That doesn't mean he isn't upgradable. 

I agree that he could be upgraded but you can't have a pro bowler at every position. It seems like changing things only for the sake of changing things. 

8 hours ago, MOSteelers56 said:

I agree that he could be upgraded but you can't have a pro bowler at every position. It seems like changing things only for the sake of changing things. 

Sure I understand that. But he's much closer to average than a Pro Bowler imo.  We'll see how he fairs with Shazier being out indefinitely. My guess is some of the people supporting him now will call for his head before the season is over. Just a hunch. 

21 hours ago, MOSteelers56 said:

I have no problem  "changing" him for someone who is a faster version of himself.  That still isn't a ProBowler or close to it.  But it's something that helps the roster a lot more.

5 minutes ago, SlevinKelevra said:

I have no problem  "changing" him for someone who is a faster version of himself.  That still isn't a ProBowler or close to it.  But it's something that helps the roster a lot more.

I agree, if we can find a cheap, reliable, fast, run stuffing, coverage linebacker I am all for signing him. And then we'll all drive our Ferraris down Rainbow Road to the Super Bowl.

This is not a shot at you, Slev, I just think we have much more glaring needs than Buck linebacker. 

32 minutes ago, MOSteelers56 said:

I agree, if we can find a cheap, reliable, fast, run stuffing, coverage linebacker I am all for signing him. And then we'll all drive our Ferraris down Rainbow Road to the Super Bowl.

This is not a shot at you, Slev, I just think we have much more glaring needs than Buck linebacker. 

I would say on a scale of 0-10 with 0 being we're set long term, and 10 being why didn't we address this last year, VWill is about a 4.5

1 minute ago, JLambert58 said:

It's been WAY too quiet.  I'm very concerned about what this news will be.  

The only way I can think of anything optimistic in this situation is that maybe they are actually following the laws and keeping their mouths shut about a patient. I believe that's HIPAA. 

That's what I'm hopeful for. 

1 minute ago, MOSteelers56 said:

The only way I can think of anything optimistic in this situation is that maybe they are actually following the laws and keeping their mouths shut about a patient. I believe that's HIPAA. 

That's what I'm hopeful for. 

We can only hope.  But it seems like good news would have trickled out faster than this.  

Archived