The Race to the #1 Seed

vike daddy

is it ok if i make this thread, do you have this info and discussion somewhere else in here?

The Philly Voice website provided the information on tie-breakers last week, assuming they might come into play on Sunday. Now that they have, here’s the breakdown:

The first tiebreaker is head-to-head: The Eagles and Vikings do not play this season, so this one is out.

The second tiebreaker is conference record: The Eagles and Vikings are both 8-1.

The third tiebreaker would be best won-lost-tied percentage in common games, minimum of four: The only common opponents the Eagles and Vikings have had thus far are Chicago and Washington, meaning the teams fall short of the minimum of four. (The Vikings do have the Panthers on their on their schedule next Sunday, and the Eagles have the Rams, who the Vikings beat last month. That would meet the four common opponent threshold. The Vikings and Eagles have both won all common opponent games, to date.)

The fourth tiebreaker is strength of victory: To date, the winning percentage of the teams the Vikings have beaten is .450 and those teams have a combined 56 wins. The winning percentage of the teams the Eagles have beaten is only .375 and those teams have a combined 42 wins. This is currently the tie-breaker that puts the Vikings ahead of Philadelphia.

http://www.1500espn.com/vikings-2/2017/12/vikings-currently-hold-tie-breaker-eagles-thus-top-spot-nfc-playoff-race/

Just now, vike daddy said:

is it ok if i make this thread

Only if the Eagles end up with the #1 seed. :D

Nah we didn't have one opened yet, just kind of mentioning it here and there in various threads. Should be a good challenge to get the top spot in the conference.

However, Eagles are more concerned with their first season goal; win the NFC East. After that is accomplished, we'll focus on that NFC seeding debate.

The Vikings’ four remaining games are at Carolina, vs. Cincinnati, at Green Bay and vs. Chicago.

The Eagles’ remaining opponents include the Rams in Los Angeles, the Giants in New Jersey, and home against Oakland and Dallas.

http://www.1500espn.com/vikings-2/2017/12/vikings-currently-hold-tie-breaker-eagles-thus-top-spot-nfc-playoff-race/

how do you guys look at the prospect of your next four games? ours are all winnable, but aren't pushovers either. will Rodgers be back for the GB game...?

I like this outta you @vike daddy.

This week is probably the biggest in terms of ramifications. The Vikings may have a tough test if Rodgers is back. Cincy is playing better but they are real banged up after last night. Chicago should be dominated.

Philly should win the remaining 3. However, 2 are against division opponents and Dallas would get Zeke back. There's potential disaster there. 

Im ok with the 2 seed tho.  Out of the potential teams that can finish ahead of us, I'd be ok playing against Minny at their house. I don't want to go across the country for LA and I don't want to play Brees in the dome. 

3 minutes ago, Jroc04 said:

Im ok with the 2 seed tho.  Out of the potential teams that can finish ahead of us, I'd be ok playing against Minny at their house. I don't want to go across the country for LA and I don't want to play Brees in the dome. 

well, great then, it's decided. we'll take the #1 seed and meet you in Minny for the NFCCG, jolly good.

who knows if we can pull it off, our players and coaches just take it one game/one week/one opponent at a time, but with the Super Bowl being played IN Minny this year... holy moley, would that be special.

8 minutes ago, vike daddy said:

well, great then, it's decided. we'll take the #1 seed and meet you in Minny for the NFCCG, jolly good.

who knows if we can pull it off, our players and coaches just take it one game/one week/one opponent at a time, but with the Super Bowl being played IN Minny this year... holy moley, would that be special.

Doesn't everybody take it a week at a time? Is there such a thing as taking things two weeks at a time? 

SB in Minny would be insane. I can't even imagine if it were here and the Eagles were in it. Place would be pandemonium. 

Archived