The Race to the #1 Seed

vike daddy

Eagles have to win vs the Rams this week period to have any realistic chance at the #1 seed. In fact the only loss they could possibly take moving forward would be against the AFCW Raiders regardless of the Vikings losing. Otherwise any 13-3 type Tie breaker would not go in Eagles favor because of the H2H common opponent (LAR). Conference records vs NFC Opponent would also come into play if the Eagles beat LA but lost to NYG or Dallas instead. Vikings would have to end up 12-4 in that scenario.

Have to Win this week!

1 hour ago, eagles18 said:

Rams are the Eagles. Philly about to make LA their home game with the fans that'll show up. 

It will indeed be our 10th home game of the season, with the 9th coming in week 4 vs the Chargers

4 hours ago, disaacs said:

You would think being a patriot would be blasphemous to anyone outside of Massachusetts. 

We'll let you take all the headlines right now, we'll take the Halas Trophy, thank you very much.   ;)

Either way, I think it's gonna be a good last quarter of the season.  I'd like to believe that the Vikings would have the slight edge based upon the remaining schedule, but it doesn't really matter either way, as they are likely to have at least 1 home playoff game...and I also believe that they can win anywhere.  It would also be rather satisfying to kick the crap out of Favre's former backup QB's team.  

We want the Lombardi Trophy too!

2 minutes ago, Phire said:

Eagles looked vulnerable in Seattle. I'm not as confident as I would have been last week.

Vulnerable only if Goff can run around avoiding 10+ sacks like RW? If the Eagles continue to miss wide open TD opportunities (3)? Continue to have 2+ TO a gm? Continue to get inopportune penalties which "has" been a problem for weeks? Being UnDiscipline!!

Eagles did everything in their power Not to Win win a game Sunday Night. I'd like to think that won't continue vs LA but you never know.

9 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

Vulnerable only if Goff can run around avoiding 10+ sacks like RW? If the Eagles continue to miss wide open TD opportunities (3)? Continue to have 2+ TO a gm? Continue to get inopportune penalties which "has" been a problem for weeks? Being UnDiscipline!!

Eagles did everything in their power Not to Win win a game Sunday Night. I'd like to think that won't continue vs LA but you never know.

Even without that, we've been awful about getting penalized. I think our DBs have overachieved thus far and will likely be our doom once teams start exploiting them. It's only a matter of time before Jalen Mills is getting burned for multiple touchdowns a game.

^^^ Yes and No. It all starts up front with Pressure and Sacks. It's why they have over achieved thus far. When we don't get home, most QB can pick a secondary apart. Let alone one scrambling around like Wilson the other night. No secondary including the best in the League can be asked to cover for 5-10 seconds.

The penalties are concerning have been the whole year it was  just covered up and ignored when the Team is Scoring 30+ and or shutting down an opponents Offense. Pederson should of addressed this already. Whether in house with fines, conditioning drills, something of consequence to get them from being one of the most penalized teams in the NFL.

The rest, is fixable IMO. Plays they've made all season long. They just crapped the bed Sunday Night in every way possible. That's all.

Archived