Postseason Plundering of the Coaching Staff

swede700

After some of the discussion yesterday in the Shurmur thread, coupled with the tweets below, we might need to begin thinking about who on the coaching staff might get jobs elsewhere, as it now looks likely that teams will begin poking around due to their success.

While I don't expect Edwards to get any serious HC consideration, I do expect that Gray might get another shot at being a DC, especially since his work with the entire secondary has been nothing short of spectacular.  

So, who could and should get other opportunities?  And is there a potential replacement in place?  

20 minutes ago, vike daddy said:

good topic. worthy specific discussion, i would say.

watch for news on Paton getting his annual GM interviews too.

Speaking of Paton...

The three most common names: George Paton, the affable assistant GM for Minnesota who has been an oft-interviewed candidate; rising star Eliot Wolf, Green Bay’s director of football operations and the son of Hall of Famer Ron Wolf; and Eagles VP of player personnel Joe Douglas, who made his bones scouting for the Ravens and is vital to Philly’s recent success. “I’m an unabashed fan of George Paton,’’ said one club exec who interviewed him. “Gets along great with everybody and is a great scout.” 

https://www.si.com/nfl/2017/12/05/new-york-giants-gm-coach-search-mcadoo-reese-fired-john-mara

Like I said yesterday, I think the Giants' job would be the one of the premier jobs and one that I believe Paton would take, if offered.  

5 hours ago, mitty18 said:

Wasn’t Edwards given the defensive play calling duties this year early on and then Zimmer took them back?

No. They apparently experimented with it during some preseason games, but it’s always been Zimmer calling the defense during the regular season. 

Archived