Postseason Plundering of the Coaching Staff

swede700

3 minutes ago, Heimdallr said:

Shurmur to the Giants probably means Keenum won't want to follow him since they will be most likely be drafting a QB at #2.

I'd think as likely as that is with them not getting rid of Eli Manning this season and having him be the veteran QB to play a year and then Rosen/Darnold takes over next season.

16 minutes ago, Heimdallr said:

Shurmur to the Giants probably means Keenum won't want to follow him since they will be most likely be drafting a QB at #2.

And Bradford too. Manning probably remains the starter with the 2nd overall pick as the backup and 2019 starter. NY is a better spot than AZ for Shurmur.

13 minutes ago, Klomp said:

Maybe Shurmur realizes that Keenum doesn't want to leave MIN, so NYG provides a better chance at a QB than ARI does?

Or it could be more money, and more money for his staff.
Or it could be the team has enough players on offense to make something out of it.

Eli
Gallman
OBJ, Sheppard
Engram
Makeshift OL

Think about how similar that offense can be to the Vikings current one right now if they can work something out with the offensive line and maybe find a RB to pair with Gallman

OBJ is very similar to Diggs, Sheppard is that nice receiver like Thielen, athletic TE in Engram like Rudy.

Arizona offense will be a complete remake outside of having David Johnson, he only likely gets one more year with Larry.

18 minutes ago, vikingsrule said:

And Bradford too. Manning probably remains the starter with the 2nd overall pick as the backup and 2019 starter. NY is a better spot than AZ for Shurmur.

As long as Shurmur can handle that media market.  It's one thing to handle the Philly market, it's a whole other level to manage the frenzy that is the NY media market.  But, if that's the gig he gets, I wish him well.  

1 hour ago, disaacs said:

As long as Shurmur can handle that media market.  It's one thing to handle the Philly market, it's a whole other level to manage the frenzy that is the NY media market.  But, if that's the gig he gets, I wish him well.  

I share those feelings.  LA and NY are different animals.

I think Shurmur is a real good coordinator but if I was a Giant's fan I would not want him as our head coach.  Teams tend to take on the identity of the head coach.  Shurmur is about as charismatic as Bill Musgrave.

7 minutes ago, Freakout said:

I think Shurmur is a real good coordinator but if I was a Giant's fan I would not want him as our head coach.  Teams tend to take on the identity of the head coach.  Shurmur is about as charismatic as Bill Musgrave.

But he can have that charisma if he coaches to the same level as the ever-charismatic Bill Belichick.  

With Shurmur leaving, I’d bet that Stefanski will get promoted to Offensive Coordinator. 

If that happens, who do they go after to be their quarterbacks coach? Quite honestly, I’d love to bring Bevell back in that role. He does have a history with Stefanski. 

18 minutes ago, SemperFeist said:

With Shurmur leaving, I’d bet that Stefanski will get promoted to Offensive Coordinator. 

If that happens, who do they go after to be their quarterbacks coach? Quite honestly, I’d love to bring Bevell back in that role. He does have a history with Stefanski. 

I can't see Bevell returning as a QB coach.  I think they might go to the college ranks and try to get someone from there, just like they did last year getting Hazell.  Maybe bring a guy like Butch Jones back to the NFL.  

18 hours ago, Freakout said:

Are you suggesting that someone like Bud Grant or Tom Landry would not have been successful in NJ?

Archived