Postseason Plundering of the Coaching Staff

swede700

41 minutes ago, rpmwr19 said:

Lewis is moving up into the Bengals front office. 

That's the most logical move IMO.  I really wouldn't want Marvin Lewis here...while he may have been a good DC for the Ravens, that was 15 years ago.  He's been out of the day to day grind of creating a defense for far too long as I'm concerned.  

55 minutes ago, rpmwr19 said:

Lewis is moving up into the Bengals front office. 

Is he moving to the Bengals front office for sure? I thought he was just looking for an office job with any team. If that's the case, I could see Zimmer maybe lobbying for him. 

I really don't want to lose Shurmer but I think it's a sure thing. :( 

15 minutes ago, Kparty15 said:

I wouldn’t mind bringing in Paul Guenther from the Bengals to be a defensive coach.

I can't see him taking a demotion, unless he receives no offers from any other new HC to be DC, as he's done a good enough job since Zimmer left to warrant it.  

1 hour ago, Kparty15 said:

I wouldn’t mind bringing in Paul Guenther from the Bengals to be a defensive coach.

Me either but if he doesn't get sent out of Cin, he will finally be the primary defensive playcaller after Lewis leaves.

If his relieved this year, I wouldn't be shocked to see the Packers or some other team needing a DC go after him.

26 minutes ago, SteelKing728 said:

They could clean house though once the season is over.

I do expect that, but there are probably going to 6 or more openings elsewhere.  I think he'd get a DC job in one of those places before he'd ever land in Minnesota.  

The NFL’s Career Development Advisory Panel has distributed its annual list of recommended candidates for head-coaching vacancies, and this year’s list features a dozen current assistants.

According to former NFL executive Mike Lombardi, the list consists of Chiefs offensive coordinator Matt Nagy, Patriots offensive coordinator Josh McDaniels, Patriots defensive coordinator Matt Patricia, Texans defensive coordinator Mike Vrabel, Vikings defensive coordinator George Edwards, Saints assistant head coach and tight ends coach Dan Campbell, Chiefs special teams coach Dave Toub, Eagles quarterbacks coach John DeFilippo, Eagles defensive coordinator Jim Schwartz, Panthers defensive coordinator Steve Wilks, Lions offensive coordinator Jim Bob Cooter and Vikings offensive coordinator Pat Shurmur.

The Career Development Advisory Panel consists of former NFL GMs and coaches who keep an eye on the league and help teams identify strong candidates for career advancement.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/12/21/nfl-distributes-list-of-recommended-head-coaching-candidates/

Archived