What are you expecting from 2023 Aaron Rodgers in NY?

notthatbluestuff

What are you expecting from 2023 Aaron Rodgers in NY?  

71 members have voted

1. 1. What are you expecting from 2023 Aaron Rodgers in NY?

• Back to bonafide elite-QB form; MVP candidate
    • Good numbers, top-10 or top-12 QB.
    • Mediocre; continues the decline suggested last season
    • Total train wreck; Rodgers is done

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/10/2023 at 11:00 PM

40 minutes ago, malak1 said:

It's probably because they've had a good QB and really good defense the last few years. 

How many Super Bowls have they made the last few years? Oh right.... there's a good chance the last 3 years was their best bet to win one, Super Bowl windows come and go very quickly. Not saying they are going to win 4 games next year but if they finish 8-9 I won't be suprised.

Edited by StatKing

14 hours ago, StatKing said:

How many Super Bowls have they made the last few years? Oh right.... there's a good chance the last 3 years was their best bet to win one, Super Bowl windows come and go very quickly. Not saying they are going to win 4 games next year but if they finish 8-9 I won't be suprised.

This is the truth. NFL is very much a year to year league, things change very very fast. You can't take any season for granted and think things only get better. 

As far as Rodgers, I don't really see the decline in him. He looks the same throwing the ball that he has ever looked.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, NYJets4716 said:

This is the truth. NFL is very much a year to year league, things change very very fast. You can't take any season for granted and think things only get better. 

As far as Rodgers, I don't really see the decline in him. He looks the same throwing the ball that he has ever looked.

Rodgers arm will never leave him, outside of Dan Marino he might be the most naturally gifted thrower the league has ever seen. The real question is how much his mobility has declined and whether or not he wants to keep taking hits.

Edited by StatKing
  • Like 2

I think Rodgers will lead the Jets to either a division win or at least a wild card spot in the playoffs.  They should be a competitive team this season.  I think the best thing about the Jets bringing him to NJ is that the move may end up saving the career of Zach Wilson.  If he ends up turning things around and playing well for them for a decade, then bringing Rodgers in was worth it, no matter how they finish up this season.

On 8/18/2023 at 4:49 PM, StatKing said:

4000+ yards, 35 TDs and 7 picks with 11-12 wins. I don't know why everyone thinks the Bills are a lock to be a great team when they haven't done anything but win a weak division the last 3 years. Their window isn't going to be open forever.

Because they have the 2nd best record in the NFL over the past 3 seasons? Only 2.5 games worse than the Chiefs over 3 years. 

1. Chiefs 40-10
  2. Bills 37-12
  3. Packers 34-16
  4. Bucs 32-18
  5. Steelers 30-19-1

And you could argue they have more talent on this roster than previous ones.. The defense has Greg Rousseau, Von Miller, Leonard Floyd, Matt Milano, Micah Hyde, Jordan Poyer, Tre'Davious White, Taron Johnson, and Ed Oliver. + a top 3 QB, top 5 WR and I think Kincaid and James Cook will break out big time this season. 

I agree it's hard to win the division year over year but the only way the Bills are finishing below .500 is if they have an injury to key blue chip players (same can be said for any great team).

On 8/19/2023 at 8:16 AM, NYJets4716 said:

The Bills went into the playoffs last year with their star QB having a UCL injury and Von Miller and Micah Hyde (their two best defenders) out. There wasn't a window to win the super bowl last season looking back on it. 

Hard to see a window closing when the roster is better to start 2023 than the regular season roster in 2022. 

Edited by The BILLievers

Aaron Rodgers will perform good. Probably not putting up MVP numbers but solid numbers with very few turnovers. Something like 30 TDs to 10 INT on the season with a little over 4000 yards. The interesting thing I think with the Jets is do they fair well injury wise. Last year was pretty fortunate for them outside of their OL taking some hits. If they stay relatively injury free I see a pretty damn good team but if injuries start stacking I think AR is passed the point where he can single handedly do the work to win. 

• Like 1

I think they will be pretty good.. They had an ok team with nothing at QB. That division is most likely the Bills to win, but nothing would surprise me.

Also, I work from home a couple days a week and turned on Get Up the other day for just some background noise... that **** is unbearable now... Greeny is in full suck off Arod mode.. I low key hope they suck.

On 8/16/2023 at 10:41 AM, ET80 said:

I think - by design - his bulk numbers will not match his Green Bay numbers. I do think his efficiency numbers will rise.

Honestly, I think his bulk numbers will come close to his GB numbers but his efficiency will drop.

22 hours ago, CWood21 said:

Honestly, I think his bulk numbers will come close to his GB numbers but his efficiency will drop.

To piggyback on your comment, if you look back through Rodgers Green Bay career, he was always a much more efficient QB than he was a bulk stats guy. The bulk numbers in yards and TDs showed up because he was just killing it in yards per attempt and TD percentage

He's going to bomb so hard that he loses the starting job mid-season after the Jets trade for Cooper Rush around the deadline. Rush did very well in Dak's absence for the Cowboys last year but will never unseat him as the full-time starter because they were born the same year.

It's too bad Rush isn't on the Jets now, if he were set to start for them now he'd be visiting his former team in week 2. Rush VS. Prescott would have been a very interesting pregame story line.

12 hours ago, pf9 said:

He's going to bomb so hard that he loses the starting job mid-season after the Jets trade for Cooper Rush around the deadline. Rush did very well in Dak's absence for the Cowboys last year but will never unseat him as the full-time starter because they were born the same year.

It's too bad Rush isn't on the Jets now, if he were set to start for them now he'd be visiting his former team in week 2. Rush VS. Prescott would have been a very interesting pregame story line.

Which storyline is more interesting: Cooper Rush versus the Cowboys or Aaron Rodgers versus the Cowboys?

• Like 1

15 hours ago, pf9 said:

He's going to bomb so hard that he loses the starting job mid-season after the Jets trade for Cooper Rush around the deadline.

The real question is: does Aaron Rodgers keep the Jets’ heads just above water, or will they fall too far behind in the playoff race that not even Cooper Rush could pull them out of it?