Week 14:Broncos Jets GDT

thebestever6

8 minutes ago, thebestever6 said:

I get that but what does going 6 and 10 or 7 and 9 with trevor the rest of the way do for our long term prospects. 

What’s it do to the prospects of getting FA’s and the culture of the franchise to openly tank?  Do you think guys like Harris, Wolfe, Sanders, Anderson, Stewart or basically any veteran would be okay with getting their reps diminished?

And again, as far as the staff they very likely may be coaching for their jobs, they aren’t going to play inferior talent for a chance at a top 5 pick.

Again, I get it.  I’ve been hoping Denver would lose out, but never expected the franchise to try and lose games. 

19 minutes ago, germ-x said:

Walker had a nice play on that defensive series.  But man, he looks nowhere close size wise to being a 3/4 DE and kicking inside regularly to rush the passer.

He's definitely got to put on 15+ lbs of "good" weight to kick inside as a 3-4.  He's not fast or explosive enough to be an EDGE.  He's got the frame to do it, but yeah, this offseason is going to be key for his development size-wise (and learning more than the one spin move he had in college).

38 minutes ago, Broncofan said:

I don't mind at all - we lose, we get the highest draft pick possible.   We win, we feel better on gameday.

Our long-term future depends on finding our QBOTF, and it's way easier if we get a top 5 pick, and even better, if we get a top 3 pick (because then we aren't depending on others to make it happen for the only 2 guys I'd feel comfortable going QB at that spot).    This is a year to have that.  Nothing wrong with wanting the best long-term for our team.  Either way, though, if we win, then find the positives from this week.  It doesn't make anyone less of a fan.  All good.  Different strokes for different blokes.

If you don’t have a problem with the Broncos losing, I have a problem with you. I mean seriously. I get your logic. But you must have never played sports. You never want to lose. 

We won today. Today is a good day to be a Broncos fan. 

1 hour ago, AnAngryAmerican said:

If you don’t have a problem with the Broncos losing, I have a problem with you. I mean seriously. I get your logic. But you must have never played sports. You never want to lose. 

We won today. Today is a good day to be a Broncos fan. 

I've played plenty of sports, on teams - high enough that we've lost playoffs, and championship games (and won 1, will always remember that one).  They all hurt.   I never want to lose myself.  I never want my kids to lose.  But I'm also old enough to understand the difference between long-term and short-term gain.     I have as much of a problem with anyone who uses those lines to judge others - I judge people on the content of what they post, and don't make asinine assumptions like that one.   I would think you'd give the same benefit of the doubt to others.  

The only way that logic works is if 3/4 of the posters who've talked about getting a top 3 pick have never played sports because they hope we can get that pick - which the only way, is, well, for our guys to lose.  We don't want our guys to deliberately tank on the field...but we are better off with a higher pick.   3/4 if not all of the fanbase who have posted in the College thread get that.   So are you saying all of them didn't play sports either?  Is that the angle you are playing here with that statement?.  If so, well, that's really disappointing.  

It’s always fine to disagree or have different takes - it would be boring if we didn’t   But that type of take does nothing to show respect for the other side you disagree with   Which given the number of times you are posting as the initial lone voice, is astounding.  

The "you must never have played sports" call is bush league.   FULL STOP.    Are you 12 years old?  No, I doubt you are - but that's exactly the same type of thinking you are using when you post this.  Surely you can do better than that type of content.  It diminishes you a ton to post that.  It diminishes all of us.It's beneath any fan.  We are ALL fans.  You are far, far, far better than this.  

27 minutes ago, germ-x said:

What’s it do to the prospects of getting FA’s and the culture of the franchise to openly tank?  Do you think guys like Harris, Wolfe, Sanders, Anderson, Stewart or basically any veteran would be okay with getting their reps diminished?

And again, as far as the staff they very likely may be coaching for their jobs, they aren’t going to play inferior talent for a chance at a top 5 pick.

Again, I get it.  I’ve been hoping Denver would lose out, but never expected the franchise to try and lose games. 

I'm not saying openly tank. I doubt finishing 6 and 10 or 7 and 9 changes the culture that significantly from going 4 and 12. Theres no reason lynch shouldn't go back in as soon as hes able.

30 minutes ago, germ-x said:

Again, I get it.  I’ve been hoping Denver would lose out, but never expected the franchise to try and lose games. 

Be careful - you clearly have not played any sports before. O.o

(Yes, I'm going to call out just how ridiculous that earlier post is until you see it, AAA).

36 minutes ago, Broncofan said:

Be careful - you clearly have not played any sports before. O.o

(Yes, I'm going to call out just how ridiculous that earlier post is until you see it, AAA).

Haha and I know you weren’t targeting me, but I came from a small town (where you participate in everything) and probably played in more meaningful sporting events than a lot of people.  Also played a year of small college football and 4 years of baseball.

Obviously I’ve been a huge supporter of Denver getting a QBOTF and the best way to get that is a top 3 pick, so I was clearly on board.  But, I have a bit of perspective on that as my best friend coaches at the FCS level.  While not the NFL, there is absolutely no way in hell coaches tank, again they’re fighting for their jobs.  Trent Green during the game mentioned talking to Emmanuel Sanders and Sanders said that was Joseph’s message this week.  That both players and coaches were playing/coaching for their jobs/future jobs.  Denver was never going to outright tank, I knew that, but that doesn’t mean I wasn’t hoping they still continued to lose.

1 minute ago, germ-x said:

Haha and I know you weren’t targeting me, but I came from a small town (where you participate in everything) and probably played in more meaningful sporting events than a lot of people.  Also played a year of small college football and 4 years of baseball.

Obviously I’ve been a huge supporter of Denver getting a QBOTF and the best way to get that is a top 3 pick, so I was clearly on board.  But, I have a bit of perspective on that as my best friend coaches at the FCS level.  While not the NFL, there is absolutely no way in hell coaches tank, again they’re fighting for their jobs.  Trent Green during the game mentioned talking to Emmanuel Sanders and Sanders said that was Joseph’s message this week.  That both players and coaches were playing/coaching for their jobs/future jobs.  Denver was never going to outright tank, I knew that, but that doesn’t mean I wasn’t hoping they still continued to lose.

Yup.  All that needs to be said.

23 minutes ago, Broncofan said:

Yup.  All that needs to be said.

Exactly.  Doesn’t mean I’m not a competitor or never competed.  But for the long term future of this organization it would’ve been beneficial.

Also, don’t blame the staff or players for competing like they did today.  It’s what they’re paid to do.  If I were on the team I’d have been looking to bury the Jets.

Fandome is a different perspective though because we have nothing tied into the short term.

Archived