My early 2018 offseason

Tizzy

Bruce handle the luncheons, I’ll handle the team

2018 Washington Redskins

Free Agents

Allen Robinson WR - coming off ACL injury and the Jags have a lot of receivers. He is a deep threat with great hands. Shouldn’t be too expensive

Re Sign

Kirk Cousins - Kirk is the real deal. We have to sign him. If any debaters want to rebuttal than comment. 

Zach Brown - Struggles in coverage but is fast and great tackler. 

Mason Foster - Average backer he is be a solid starter and leader next to Brown

Trent Murphy - Coming off suspension/injury so will be cheap and since I believe he’s better than Ryan Anderson I would keep him for atleast another year. 

Spencer Long - Roullier looks better but we know how injuries can happen and he can backup Guard and Center 

Shawn Lauavo - Can be upgraded but has good cohesion with Trent. Okay run blocker. 

Terrell Pryor, I think we’ll sign him back to the same cheap 1 year deal. 

*I think Norman and Trent restructure their deals to help us out a lil  

Draft

1. Da’Ron Payne DT - Pure Stud, eats up double teams. 
  2. Kentavious Street DE/DT - Athletic freak. As of  now he should be available but might blow up after combine
  3. Kerryon Johnson RB - I have a man crush on this back. LaV Bell clone
  4. Micah Kiser LB - Good coverage skills
  5. Dashawn Hand DE - Coming off injury and prolly won’t stay projected here but I dream of an all Bama DL
  6. Isiah Wynn G - Played LT great at Georgia but is undersized so we’ll move him inside. Is also athletic enough to play center. 
  7. Antonio Callaway WR - I’ll take a 7th round flyer on him. If he gets his head on straight he’ll be a steal and will save my the anxiety of Crowder returning punts. 

Cuts 

Roster

QB - Kirk Cousins, Colt McCoy

RB - Samaje Perine, Kerryon Johnson, Chris Thompson,

WR - Josh Doctson, Antonio Calloway, Robert Davis

WR 2 -Allen Robinson, Terrell Pryor

Slot -Jamison Crowder

TE - Jordan Reed, Vernon Davis, Jeremy Sprinkle

LT - Trent Williams, Ty Nsekhe 

LG - Shaun Lauvao, Spencer Long, Isiah Wynn

C - Chase Roullier

RG - Brandon Scherff, 

RT - Morgan Moses

LE - Kentavious Street, Matt Ioannidis

NT - Da’Ron Payne, Terrell McClain

RE- Jonathan Allen, Dashawn Hand, Anthony Lanier II

LOLB - Ryan Kerrigan, Trent Murphy

MLB - Zach Brown, Martell Speight

WLB - Mason Foster, Micah Kiser

ROLB - Preston Smith, Ryan Anderson

LCB - Josh Norman, Fabian Moreau

RCB - Quinton Dunbar, Josh Holsey

Nickel - Kendall Fuller 

SS - D.J Swearinger, Su’a Cravens, Dezashor Everette

FS - Montae Nicholson

KR - Antonio Calloway

PR - Antonio Calloway 

Kicker - Nick Rose

Punter - Tres Way

LS - Nick Sunberg

Side note. Jay Gruden isn’t perfect but I don’t get people who think we should fire him. Say what you want about him but the players do play their hearts out for him and I believe he will get better at managing the game. I’ve seen him become more aggressive which is refreshing and I believe in him.

55 minutes ago, New Era Skins said:

Allen Robinson WR - coming off ACL injury and the Jags have a lot of receivers. He is a deep threat with great hands. Shouldn’t be too expensive

I could get on board with this, depending on the price.  

55 minutes ago, New Era Skins said:

Kirk Cousins - Kirk is the real deal. We have to sign him. If any debaters want to rebuttal than comment. 

Agreed.

56 minutes ago, New Era Skins said:

I want him back but we need to be careful on price.  

56 minutes ago, New Era Skins said:

He talked trash to the front office, and Bruce Allen destroys anyone who talks the truth to him.  Zero chance he returns imo.  

57 minutes ago, New Era Skins said:

Trent Murphy - Coming off suspension/injury so will be cheap and since I believe he’s better than Ryan Anderson I would keep him for atleast another year. 

For some reason I thought Murphy and Spencer Long were going to be RFAs, but apparently since their rookie deals were 4-year contracts they become UFA.  So ya I'm with you here, if he'll accept a relatively cheap contract I'd bring him back as a backup.  

1 hour ago, New Era Skins said:

Spencer Long - Roullier looks better but we know how injuries can happen and he can backup Guard and Center 

He has pretty extensive injury history.  I'd make him a pretty lowball offer.  If he wants to stay fine, otherwise I'm ok with letting him walk.  

Shawn Lauavo - Can be upgraded but has good cohesion with Trent. Okay run blocker. 

I'd only bring him back at something near vet min.  

I think he'll have zero interest in returning.  He didn't seem to mesh with our offense or coaching staff.  Would be better for all parties to go their own ways IMO.  Also, I don't see the point in signing Pryor if you already have signed Allen Robinson.  Docton's going to start next year for sure and Crowder is solidified in the slot.  Pryor's not going to sign to be a #4 WR and neither is Robinson.  

Draft

2. Kentavious Street DE/DT - Athletic freak. As of  now he should be available but might blow up after combine
  5. Dashawn Hand DE - Coming off injury and prolly won’t stay projected here but I dream of an all Bama DL
  6. Isiah Wynn G - Played LT great at Georgia but is undersized so we’ll move him inside. Is also athletic enough to play center. 
  7. Antonio Callaway WR - I’ll take a 7th round flyer on him. If he gets his head on straight he’ll be a steal and will save my the anxiety of Crowder returning punts. 

I like most of this draft.  I think with that 2nd you'd have to consider a Guard though.  I also think we'll draft a mid to late round development QB this year.  

I love the idea of signing Allen Robinson and I love the draft. 

I agree with Mknight about Pryor and Foster also, I don’t see either being back.

A place where I disagree is that I think we re-sign Galette and Grant because just like Lauvao, Long and Murphy; I don’t think they’ll be expensive. I think it makes sense to bring all these guys back and have them compete with the guys who are already under contract and guys we’ll draft/sign for roster spots.

Also, I think Maurice Harris would make the team over Robert Davis and Davis will go on the practice squad again. So, IMO Ryan Grant would replace Terrelle Pryor on  your roster and Harris over Davis.

Micah Kiser does not make it past the 2nd round. No way you get him in the 4th. Payne will go in the 2nd. Where we pick is 13 at this point. Payne would be too high. Guice, Smith, and Ridley would be better options. I would much rather have Vita Vea in the 2nd round. 

Curious who's big board you are using? 

2 hours ago, mike23md said:

Micah Kiser does not make it past the 2nd round. No way you get him in the 4th. Payne will go in the 2nd. Where we pick is 13 at this point. Payne would be too high. Guice, Smith, and Ridley would be better options. I would much rather have Vita Vea in the 2nd round. 

Curious who's big board you are using? 

Man! Getting Guice in round 1 and Veta or Payne in round 2 would be a dream draft.

On 12/5/2017 at 1:20 PM, New Era Skins said:

Free Agents

He'll be more expensive than you think. Lots of good tape there. He'll likely go with a one or two year deal (with the second year auto-voiding) to show that he's healthy.

Yes (there is no real rebuttal other than "I don't like him"). Yes. Depends on price. No. Depends on Price. No. No.

Draft

Ima gonna cut joo, for suggesting Kiser is a 4th round pick! ;):D

6 hours ago, Woz said:

He'll be more expensive than you think. Lots of good tape there. He'll likely go with a one or two year deal (with the second year auto-voiding) to show that he's healthy.

Yes (there is no real rebuttal other than "I don't like him"). Yes. Depends on price. No. Depends on Price. No. No.

Ima gonna cut joo, for suggesting Kiser is a 4th round pick! ;):D

I wonder if Allen Robinson would take a Alshon Jeffery type deal - 1 year $8 million - and then if he balls out the first 10 games of the year we could sign him to a big long term deal like the Eagles just did with Jeffery. 

I’d be all about that for a Robinson strategy next year.

10 hours ago, Dashing202 said:

Allen Robinson unreliable imo 

i wouldnt be surprised if bucs release desean Jackson and he comes back . He has had a down year with that team .

How is Robinson unreliable? He made Bortles look like a serviceable qb in 2014. Robinson had 80 recs, 1400 yds, 17.5 avg, 87.5 yds per game & 14 TDs 

On 12/6/2017 at 2:31 PM, Woz said:

I definitely think he’ll go the Jeremy Maclin, Alshon Jeffery, Pryor route and take the 1 year $8 million deal to prove he’s still a good/great wr and then cash in as a FA in 2019, hopefully with us.

Archived