Yearly Awards?

BossierWhoDat

So it seems our outstanding players (and coaches) are starting to be recognized by the media:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000888300/article/the-debrief-week-13-updating-mvp-and-other-awards-races 

TL;DR According to Rosenthal:

DPOY - Cam Jordan (2nd to Aaron Donald)

OROY - Alvin Kamara (1st ahead of Fournette and Hunt)

DROY - Marshon Lattimore (1st ahead of T.White and M.Garrett)

COY - Sean Payton (5th)

If we make it to, let's say, the NFC Championship Game, do yall think any of our guys will get their respective award?

If not, does it take a Superbowl appearance/win to bring home the gold?

As much as I think Lattimore should win the DROY by a landslide, he may actually lose because he was injured these last couple of games.

I think Cam Jordan has been severely underrated, but DPOY is going to Wagner. He had been outstanding.

OROY is Kamara's to lose.

Sean is going to win COY, but it won't be ours...

1 minute ago, JMG5 said:

As much as I think Lattimore should win the DROY by a landslide, he may actually lose because he was injured these last couple of games.

I think Cam Jordan has been severely underrated, but DPOY is going to Wagner. He had been outstanding.

OROY is Kamara's to lose.

Sean is going to win COY, but it won't be ours...

If he misses 0/1 more games I think he's fine. No other rookie has been close enough to him for the missed games to make a difference. Tre White (Geaux Tigers) is usually considered 2nd and there's a noticeable gap between them.

Agreed, though if Cam starts getting recognition like this more regularly then he's no longer underrated. I don't think he'll win it and it'll probably be Wagner as of right now, but as long as he's a finalist I'll be happy.

Also agreed, Kamara's got it locked down. 

Not sure what you mean. You think he's going to win the actual award but think our real coach of the year is Dennis Allen or something?

1 minute ago, Spartica4Real said:

Not sure what you mean. You think he's going to win the actual award but think our real coach of the year is Dennis Allen or something?

Sean McVay will win the Coach of the Year. 

Archived