Buccaneers name QB Baker Mayfield as starter

RaidersAreOne

Just now, scar988 said:

More likely is the Falcons win the division and the Bucs go 5-12. Falcons went 7-10 with 100M in cap taken up by players not on the roster or on IR last year. And they play an easier schedule and have a better roster this year. 

They very well could. All teams in that division will likely be kind of bad. It's about the only division where I could see any of the teams winning it or any of them finishing last. I just don't think Atlanta should be as heavily favored as you think they are.

• Like 4

25 minutes ago, DawgX said:

I think you know I like Baker, but I don't love the fit in Tampa. Yeah, they have some good receivers, but that run game isn't great. And we all know Baker excels most off of play action.

Hoping that the viewing staff is competent enough to see how bad the run game has been and make some positive modifications to playcalling. If the offense can be a bit more like SF, Baker could thrive with hitting guys schemed open. He's definitely a PA/rollout QB. All the short stuff could set up some bombs.

25 minutes ago, DawgX said:

They very well could. All teams in that division will likely be kind of bad. It's about the only division where I could see any of the teams winning it or any of them finishing last. I just don't think Atlanta should be as heavily favored as you think they are.

I like that people are underestimating the team. Feels very 2008.

17 hours ago, scar988 said:

More likely is the Falcons win the division and the Bucs go 5-12. Falcons went 7-10 with 100M in cap taken up by players not on the roster or on IR last year. And they play an easier schedule and have a better roster this year. 

And they have a QB with the potential to finish top 10 in NFL history.

• Like 2

They will probably give him the first 4 games to determine if this will be a thing but he has a lot going for him with the schedule, the conference,he has some dudes to throw to and has a damn good DC in Bowles. If he is coachable and plays within a system they can surprise a lot of teams this season

• Like 1

23 hours ago, BetterCallSaul said:

I have a feeling he's gonna shock some people this year. Not that he'll be awesome, but that he will prove to be at least a solid starting QB. TB has some talented skill players for him to work with. It's all about Baker & I am somewhat of a Baker truther.

I believe he's already proven that to be fair. 

• Like 4

28 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

I believe he's already proven that to be fair. 

I think if he had, his market would have been bigger, tbh. He may make less than Sam Darnold this year. I think he's probably considered a bottom of the NFL starting 32.  I think he's close to the trubisky zone for NFL teams and this is his Pittsburgh.

He really needs a good year this season to save his starting career

1 hour ago, SteelKing728 said:

I have Atlanta winning the division.

I'm going to favor the saints, I think, but I believe it'll be a good battle between then and the falcons. 

I kind of think Arthur Smith doesn't get enough credit

Ok nfc warning this is not for kids.

He is 3 wins no losses verses the afc Champs there is not 1 qb in the entire nfc that you can trade straight up for Burrows. 

Did Tom brady ever put a 50 burger on the Steelers? In the playoffs.

Where was everyone shouting Daniell Jones was a better qb when cleveland smoked him.

Dak Prescott what was the score with landry,obj,and Higgins?

How about the kirk cousins head to head How come nobody ripped Mayfield that day?

Get real he has not played well recently but then again has anybody played well

For Carolina?

La world champions. Wanted him back

How many of you are smarter then McVay 

Now go run in your holes

Question what is the Browns record with deshaun on the roster?

Edited by mtmmike
stupid
  • Like 3