JuJu Smith-Schuster, George Illoka Suspended 1 game

TheVillain112

There's absolutely no attempt on the part of Iloka to do anything on this play besides blast Brown. There was, unlike many other plays, nothing ambiguous about it. Clear head contact. Iloka aimed his shot while taking multiple a good three steps. Brown did nothing to impact his landing spot.

Sorry, no. This is frankly more clearly intentional to me than Burfict's hit on Brown in the playoff game.That was more ambiguous than this one.

I'm at a loss for common sense as to how Illoka's shot to the head was reduced to a penalty but a typical block that occurs in just about every game like Schusters was upheld and received the same punishment that Gronkowski did for his inexcusable and disgraceful retaliation. Unreal. What a sham of a disciplinary process.

16 minutes ago, Carmen Cygni said:

I'm at a loss for common sense as to how Illoka's shot to the head was reduced to a penalty but a typical block that occurs in just about every game like Schusters was upheld and received the same punishment that Gronkowski did for his inexcusable and disgraceful retaliation. Unreal. What a sham of a disciplinary process.

magic%2B8%2Bball.gif

25 minutes ago, warfelg said:

Got this from the Steelers forum but man, NFL coming off worse and worse:

taunting not a factor but the hit was?!? Yet Iloka gets nothing, Julio who did the same block Sunday gets nothing. 

....what?!

Why don't they just keep their mouths shut? Now it makes even less sense.

2 hours ago, fluhartz said:

ha ha ha ha...

I still stand with my previous post...

Its hilarious watching you spaz out every time after we beat the Bungles.  Never fails.  And this time you wet yourself over a doctored photo.  Good stuff.

So, the leading theory is that Iloka's suspension was reduced and JuJu's upheld because a monkey threw a dart at a dart board?

Makes sense.  If one is a suspension, the other should have been too.  They're practically the same hit if you stop the video before the taunting crap.

Actually, i wonder if it had anything to do with the appeals officers being two different people?

17 minutes ago, Carmen Cygni said:

Well said, Mitchell.

I used to hate these kind of comments.  Now i recognize that the NFL just has no idea what they're doing when it comes to this crap.  The suspensions don't make sense, a lot of the rules don't make sense, etc.  

The NFL used to be the golden goose.  They could just print money.  It's going to go the way of boxing because of this stuff.

1 hour ago, iknowcool said:

Didn't Jon Runyan in a letter already bring up taunting?  I don't see how they can now say it wasn't a factor.  It clearly was.  And I don't know why they insist on making it seem like it wasn't.  

Yes, he did... They cannot even keep their damn story straight. It is absolutely pathetic.

Archived