JuJu Smith-Schuster, George Illoka Suspended 1 game

TheVillain112

You can quote this but then put the hit side-by-side with Golden Tate's block on Sean Lee and tell me the difference.  Other than JuJu did not have to move as Burfect ran to him they are both the same.  He was penalized so a fine would have been good.

1 hour ago, cddolphin said:

Neither this, nor the JuJu hit, should have been a suspension. While I understand the flag in either case, both times the player being blocked seemed pretty squared up to the offender to my eyes.

The reason JuJu was suspended and Landry wasn't? Landry's hit didn't occur in primetime.

Julio Jones did the same thing to Andrew Sendejo this week. Nothing happened to him either!

On 12/6/2017 at 11:06 PM, renndawg37 said:

After this whole ordeal, I still only have one main question. HOW THE HELL WAS AJ GREEN NOT SUSPENDED? 

On 12/6/2017 at 8:37 PM, BlaqOptic said:

I think, pretty clearly, that if Antonio Brown had made the hit on Burfict that there wouldn't have been a suspension.  The NFL doesn't want to suspend their star players, but has no problem tossing out JuJu for a game.  The casual fan isn't going to miss him for a week.  But imagine the uproar if fantasy football players everywhere were missing Julio Jones or Antonio Brown for the first week of the fantasy playoffs!

6 hours ago, theJ said:

I think, pretty clearly, that if Antonio Brown had made the hit on Burfict that there wouldn't have been a suspension.  The NFL doesn't want to suspend their star players, but has no problem tossing out JuJu for a game.  The casual fan isn't going to miss him for a week.  But imagine the uproar if fantasy football players everywhere were missing Julio Jones or Antonio Brown for the first week of the fantasy playoffs!

This is also a really good point, fantasy sports are huge for ratings and the NFL knows it.

I mean the NFL must think we are real stupid if they think the taunt had nothing to do with the suspension or that suspension was given solely on the merit of the hit. There are either two reasons for me why he was suspended, one is the taunt or two to send a message to both teams with regards to the history between them that this kind of football won’t be tolerated. 

20 hours ago, tonyto36 said:

He popped him in the face with his helmet.

He led with his shoulder and the helmet contact was incidental.  There are too many examples of the same hit by others not getting suspended. Look at Hulio Jones' hit with the same helmet-to-helmet contact and tell me again that taunting had nothing to do with this suspension.  Hell, the Iloka hit had more intent and was the textbook definition of targeting and it is reduced to a fine.

23 hours ago, tonyto36 said:

He popped him in the face with his helmet.

You have a weird understanding of where the human face is located.  Juju helmet if any glanced the very bottom of Burfict's facemask.  Penalty?? maybe, Blatant h2h hit?? No chance.  99% of the impact was juju's shoulder to burfict's chest.

21 hours ago, Kip Smithers said:

I mean the NFL must think we are real stupid if they think the taunt had nothing to do with the suspension or that suspension was given solely on the merit of the hit. There are either two reasons for me why he was suspended, one is the taunt or two to send a message to both teams with regards to the history between them that this kind of football won’t be tolerated. 

And yet they reduced Iloka's suspension down to a fine.

That's what I thought it was at first, but now that I see how it turned out, I realize the truth is that they only suspended him for PR purposes and they reduced Iloka's to avoid sending that message because they do want big hits, just not the kind that makes the NFL look bad.

I mean, who disagrees that one of the best things they could do to reduce the nastiness of this rivalry would be to schedule both games to 1:00PM time slots and sit them both down and let them know that the league would be very heavy handed with fines and suspensions for any bs. But we all know they won't do that.

29 minutes ago, tonyto36 said:

l13opQj.png

I got a couple good one liners.  You can pick which one makes your post look more stupid.

1.  You must have a very odd looking face if your eyes are at the bottom of your face.

2.  He lined him up and launched head first into his face.

3.  No chance of head to head hit.  Definitely.

4.  You're right, Burfict probably didn't even feel his face get caved in.  1% at most.

5.  Probably just skimmed right off.  It's because it's a still that it looks bad.

Face caved in?? Rofl.badjuju.0.gif

Archived