WEEK 14 GDT: A RIVALRY RENEWED

RavensTillIDie

Ravens-Vs-Steelers.png

SUNDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL

Ravens @ Pittsburgh - Heinz Field, 8:30 PM on NBC

Should be a good one as the division leading Steelers host their storied rival, the Baltimore Ravens in a clash of two of the hottest teams in the AFC. A win for the Ravens puts them one game behind the division lead and keeps separation from the rest of the 6-6 teams. While a loss leaves them vulnerable to potentially dropping out the last wild card spot altogether.

So, this Sunday night let's hope to see some more of this:

TorreySmith.gif

shamesuisham.gif

200.gif

giphy.gif

And less of this...

flacced.0.gif

pitttt.0.gif

bell.gif

19 minutes ago, Danand said:

They might have JuJu and Shazier on the sideline. I still can't see how we get out of Pittsburgh with a win. They still are the better team in almost every facet of the game.

They're not better than us defensively, and somehow this team almost always as of the past several years manages to shut down Pittsburgh's offense. I'm hoping we can do it again this week.

Of course, as always, the wildcard will be the offense. Can they score? Can they move the ball and chew the clock and at least put up Tucker points? Or are they going to do nothing and turn the ball over multiple times?

19 minutes ago, Danand said:

They might have JuJu and Shazier on the sideline. I still can't see how we get out of Pittsburgh with a win. They still are the better team in almost every facet of the game.

I hate being optimistic when it comes to the Ravens, but I actually disagree. We always play the Steelers well, or at least we have recently. Last game, we were actually in it right up until the fourth quarter where a bunch of boneheaded plays cost us the game. Take into consideration we were missing  Brandon Williams, didn't trust Collins to get 18+ carries at that point, and Joe Flacco was still knocking off the rust from missing pre-season and you have some reasons to be cautiously optimistic here... 

I'm expecting the steelers to be distracted with the patriots coming up after us, them playing on a shorter week, and with Shazier injured (hopefully he's ok.) 

But with the way our offense has been all year this is gonna be a struggle.

no juju. I like Marlon on AB, he is fast enough to stay with him. Key to the game will be the pass rush. If ravens can get to Ben consistently then this is a win. If they do not, it will be a long game. My prediction is pass rush will show up and Mike Wallace has another big game against his former team. This team is building momentum and will continue on the playoff push. 

Ravens 30- Steelers 21

JuJu definitely out, which definitely helps our secondary even though AB, Martavis and Eli Rogers is still a pretty deadly combo

And I can't see Shazier playing less than a week after sustaining a spinal cord contusion, which will significantly weaken their LB corps.

I'm quietly confident of getting a result if we can get get pressure on Roesthlisberger and keep Flacco relatively clean

3 hours ago, RavensDefense3 said:

27-17 steelers. there is no way this offense is going to play good 2 weeks in a row. only way we can win is by our defense, but their offense is too good for  that

Is their offense too good for that? On paper it should be. That doesn’t seem to be translating to to the scoreboard 

A lot of familiarity here. I think 3 point game in either direction. Key to the game for me. DONT LET ROETHLISBERGER HAVE THE BALL WITH 2 MINUTES LEFT!

Cincinnati just had their “playoff” game with the Steelers (as that was pretty much their last hope on the season). That was a physical game beyond physical. The Steelers are tough, but this is the second game in a row with a physical opponent (aka the rivalry) and they’re doing it on a short week. Not to mention the teams usually split the series most years and I think we find a way to win the game. I think we either win by 4 points or lose by 3 points thanks to a Big Ben last minute drive capped with a field goal. That said my prediction is 20-16, Ravens.

I don't expect us to win this game, but I also didn't expect us to beat Detroit, so let's go get that W. Getting Brandon Williams back for this match-up should help us contain Le'Veon a bit more than we did during the game in Baltimore. It sucks that Jimmy won't be around, but it will be a good opportunity for Marlon to show what he's got. He wants to be the #1 CB for us, which would mean going up against AJ Green, Antonio Brown, and now Josh Gordon 6 times a year, so he needs the experience. If we can limit Le'Veon and we give safety help to Marlon to bracket AB, then I like our odds of keeping their offense in check. With Shazier likely out, our chances of having success running the ball should increase and allow for Joe to go back to the play action again this week. If we keep Joe clean, then we have a chance.

23 - 20 Ravens on a last second FG by Tucker.

Archived