? Saints @ Falcons GDT

Dome

2 minutes ago, domepatrol91 said:

Disgusted.

One of the most infuriating games I’ve watched. One of the worst throws Brees has ever made. How can you throw that. Why are we even throwing there?

Taking a break for a few days.

Not only that...Payton will saddle most of myh blame for this game. Too many cutesy play attempts, abandoning the run the moment Kamara was out, if people are not on the fire Payton bandwagon after this game I don't know what games you are watching.

Payton is an addict that needs his fix. He can't go a full quarter without one cute trick play. We were up 7 in the 3rd and the very first play of the drive is an end around to Ginn that almost lost 10 yards (Ginn broke a tackle and gained 4 back). We end up going 3 and out and put a tired defense back on the field.

Fast forward to the 4th quarter. We're driving nicely after Ginn's tough catch. 1st and 10 from the 15ish with 1m50s to go. WHY NOT RUN THE BALL????? Payton decides to run some crazy fake motion then break out route with Snead that gained ZERO yards and almost went out of bounds and stopped the block. Run the ball, wind down the clock so that if we DO score, Matt Ryan has little time to do anything. Same thing on second down, run the ball up the middle and drive down the clock. Worst case we tie it up on 4th down with a FG. I can't believe Brees made that throw too. He had Ingram WIDE OPEN on the check down. Would have been 3rd and 2-3 yards :(

Also not sure why Sean completely abandoned the run. It wasn't game breaking, but it was mildly effective at times. 

I just hope we can get healthy. Nothing else really matter at the moment. Sickening game though.

Jones is a dirty player for Atlanta. I DVR'd the game and watched it again... most all his hits were helmet to helmet. Despite the injuries and the penalties (one-sided), the defense stood tough. I'll give Jones credit though, that was a nice pick. 

And yes, SP abandoned the run way to quick. If the Saints had a run threat, I think that end around goes big.

I said it in another post, I'll say it again.

Sean Payton doesn't deserve this team.

Seriously, 3 rushes in the entire 2nd half, with the lead? Ingram 12 total rushes.

PATHETIC!!!!!!!!!!!

When will Payton stop wrecking success? It's almost like he's trying to get fired so he can keep a bunch of money and move somewhere else. I've never seen a coach; with such talent around him, absolutely collapse when one thing doesn't go right. 

Defense forces 4 turnovers and we lose....? I'm over the "Payton is an offensive genius" bullshyt. The guy is a liability, at this point.

3 hours ago, Mid Iowa said:

I said it in another post, I'll say it again.

Sean Payton doesn't deserve this team.

Seriously, 3 rushes in the entire 2nd half, with the lead? Ingram 12 total rushes.

PATHETIC!!!!!!!!!!!

When will Payton stop wrecking success? It's almost like he's trying to get fired so he can keep a bunch of money and move somewhere else. I've never seen a coach; with such talent around him, absolutely collapse when one thing doesn't go right. 

Defense forces 4 turnovers and we lose....? I'm over the "Payton is an offensive genius" bullshyt. The guy is a liability, at this point.

He hasn't been a genius in a long time in my opinion, unless you're talking strictly chalkboard. Some of his play designs really are pretty genius, but Brees has always been the one to make the wheels on the Saints bus go round in my opinion. Payton's playcalling and his ability to adapt and adjust on the fly during a game are pretty poor. He's just always had Brees to make even the worst play calls look good. Anyway.....

Pretty disappointed in last night's game. Way more disappointed than any of the other losses. Kudos to the Saints defense for playing their butts off. Those poor guys were so gassed by the 4th Qtr, no thanks to the offense. Without Kamara, the offense looked like total cow pie. Once he went out, the playcalling didn't seem to have any rhyme or reason or plan to it. Felt like a "let's throw a dart at the play board and run that" type of game. No Peat hurt. No Peat back-up (Kelemete) hurt too. 

I'm not sure I've seen a worse game in recent years. 9 penalties for 1st downs? Not only that, but one of them ended the game, and another penalty took 3 points off the board at the end of the half! Up 7 points, need to kill the clock, and no Ingram? Then, even after all that, chance to at least tie, and Brees throws a pick into TRIPLE coverage?! I can't remember the last time I watched a game and just sat there shaking my head from start to finish. It was like being in the Twilight Zone. 

Again, props to the defense. Those guys left it all on the field and gave the offense every chance to win the game. Saints definitely need LB help though. (not like we haven't been saying that for almost 10 years now lmao). Secondary looked really good, even without Vacarro. I think this unit is a run stuffing NT and athletic MLB away from being a top 10 unit. 

Good news is they get to play the Falcons again in 2 weeks. If everyone is healthy, lord help the Falcons. It took a ton of penalties and a turnstyle to the doctor's tent to even keep them in last night's game.

Him abandoning the run completely isn't excusable. Yeah, we weren't averaging like 8 yards per carry, but we weren't doing too bad. He got pass happy and wanted to stay "agressive". Which then led to our defense gassing because he couldn't get more than a single first down.

5 hours ago, SWATcha said:

Good news is they get to play the Falcons again in 2 weeks. If everyone is healthy, lord help the Falcons. It took a ton of penalties and a turnstyle to the doctor's tent to even keep them in last night's game.

This is what I said after the game. We’re gonna friggin boat race them in the dome.

My first and only comment here reguarding this game...

Refs were curiously inconsistent, injuries were oddly abundant, play calling was predictably odd.

De-Bo Jones played the game of his life, Quinn had to begg their fans to cheer for them, Brees delievered a dud, short week sucks for both teams.

End results... Falcons needed a very generous ref squad, dud game by Brees and Payton and slew of rash injuries by Saints players to squeak out a 20-17 win at home where their HC had to begg their fans to cheer for them.

Yes this will be a different game in 2 weeks in the dome.

Archived