? Saints @ Falcons GDT

Dome

9 hours ago, Mid Iowa said:

Is it sad that I'm glad we're not playing today.

I almost don't even want to watch football......almost........

I have a deer hanging in the garage, so I'll finish butchering that and have the games on in the background, I guess.

I didn't watch any today either. That's how upset I still am about Thursday, have legitimately never felt that screwed by refs before. Ever. Kinda soured on the NFL right now.

Lattimore must have graded very poorly against the Falcons. PFF dropped his rating a lot.

I thought he played pretty solid. If you take away the play where he tripped and Julio made someone miss a tackle he didn't really allow much. 

2 hours ago, JMG5 said:

Lattimore must have graded very poorly against the Falcons. PFF dropped his rating a lot.

I thought he played pretty solid. If you take away the play where he tripped and Julio made someone miss a tackle he didn't really allow much. 

Knee jerk reaction, Lattimore still held Julio Jones to 69.9 QB rating or something like that when targeted, which considering how much Atlanta game planned to try and get Julio open with all the drag/pick plays is pretty damn good.

7 hours ago, Raves said:

Knee jerk reaction, Lattimore still held Julio Jones to 69.9 QB rating or something like that when targeted, which considering how much Atlanta game planned to try and get Julio open with all the drag/pick plays is pretty damn good.

Yeah a good portion of Julio's yards came on the play where they had a pick set up, and Lattimore tripped on another players feet on the crossing route. Outside of that play I'd say he did a great job minimizing Julio in that game.

Lot's of people were giving Vaccaro a break a few weeks ago due to "rust". Perhaps we give similar to our Rookie. He hadn't played since the first quarter of the Skins game, then comes back to face Julio and Matt Ryan. I'd say he did pretty dang good, all things considered!!

11 hours ago, Raves said:

He had a few costly penalties while covering Julio as well. That's gotta play into any assessment. 

18 minutes ago, Mid Iowa said:

Lot's of people were giving Vaccaro a break a few weeks ago due to "rust". Perhaps we give similar to our Rookie. He hadn't played since the first quarter of the Skins game, then comes back to face Julio and Matt Ryan. I'd say he did pretty dang good, all things considered!!

I think him playing alright against Julio while huffing and puffing on the oxygen tank pretty much from the middle of the 2nd quarter on pretty much tells you everything you need to know about him from a talent standpoint. He'll be back to 100% for the Falcons rematch, if this one is a blowout I hope they use Lattimore sparingly. 

Archived