? Saints @ Falcons GDT

Dome

52 minutes ago, SSK said:

Atlantas offense is shaky. One drive there good, the next two or three, they're out of whack.

They aren't good in the red zone this season. 

Sarkisian has trouble with play calling and isn't using his weapons like they were under Shanahan. 

With the exception of the Vikings game, they've been better about that recently.  I fully expect them to come out swinging against their bitter rivals.

12 hours ago, Raves said:

Considering the Saints don't have their CBs follow specific players but rather just play a side, if Lattimore is playing I think they will try to let him play Julio 1 on 1 to start the game and if Julio is against Crawley then they'll have a safety over the top.  If Lattimore doesn't seem to be able to handle Julio 1 on 1 then I expect them to add safety help over the top on that side as well.

Are you sure about that? I am pretty sure that I have seen Lattimore line up on both sides of the line in one game. Why do that if they are just covering the side?

4 minutes ago, navysaintsfan said:

Are you sure about that? I am pretty sure that I have seen Lattimore line up on both sides of the line in one game. Why do that if they are just covering the side?

I started watching the games more carefully the last 2 or 3 games with Lattimore in, and unless there was no receiver on his side, he was always on the right side of the defense, when looking at the OL.  Maybe I missed some plays/games but that's how I saw it for a good 2-3 games because I wanted to specifically watch how well he was doing.

7 minutes ago, Raves said:

I started watching the games more carefully the last 2 or 3 games with Lattimore in, and unless there was no receiver on his side, he was always on the right side of the defense, when looking at the OL.  Maybe I missed some plays/games but that's how I saw it for a good 2-3 games because I wanted to specifically watch how well he was doing.

Right side of the line (top of screen)

Go to Bears game he is left side (bottom of screen)

He is moving around a fair bit. Look at the Patriots game, majority of the game he followed Cooks around (as evidenced by the below vid, most snaps shown he is shadowing Cooks).

Unless I missed something, I feel confident in saying if he is healthy and playing he will be covering Jones this week...with help over the top because that is just the smart thing to do.

Maybe it depends on if they have an elite receiver and any strats they have specifically where a player lines up on one side.  I think a big part is that many teams don't have an ELITE ELITE #1 where you need to follow them so you can stay to just one side and cover the #2 as well.

Offensive lineman Andrus Peat (groin) has been ruled out, while five other players are questionable. Mark Ingram (toe) headlines the list of questionable players, and did not practice on Wednesday. However, Terron Armstead(shoulder/thigh), Marshon Lattimore (ankle), Marcus Williams (groin), and Trey Hendrickson(knee) were limited participants.

https://www.canalstreetchronicles.com/2017/12/6/16743258/saints-week-14-final-injury-report-andrus-peat-out-falcons-mark-ingram-marshon-lattimore

28 minutes ago, One Punch Man said:

How do you guys feel on Kamara handling the load of touches from the backfield, if Ingram were to miss?

Obviously you can’t extrapolate his crazy efficiency over 20-25 touches.. against the Falcon’s D, what do you realistically see happening?

I would expect about 5 ypc and about 7 ypr still.

8 hours ago, One Punch Man said:

How do you guys feel on Kamara handling the load of touches from the backfield, if Ingram were to miss?

Obviously you can’t extrapolate his crazy efficiency over 20-25 touches.. against the Falcon’s D, what do you realistically see happening?

He would get the bulk but Edmmonds will get his share as well 

According to very early Thursday morning reports by ESPN’s Adam Schefter, the New Orleans Saints should have both Marshon Lattimore and Mark Ingram available for tonight’s game against the Atlanta Falcons.

I was excited for Kamara to get more carries and he still should. Hopefully they aren't rushing Lattimore into anything. He could have 10 more days to recover and that would be great if he needed it. I want to see him at 100%.

Archived