The Road to 53: The Birds cut the dead weight

EaglesPeteC

Why did the Eagles cut VanSumeren and Morrow?  

Bradley is on IR and Reddick/Nolan Smith are hurt currently right?

Unless they love Christian Ellis and Zach Cunningham I guess.  This Tyreek Maddox-Williams I did not think he flashed more than VanSumeren did in the preseason, VanSumeren was all over the field.

Also why cut Tarron Jackson, I guess Janarius Robinson but Jackson seemed like good depth on the edge and again with Reddick/Nolan Smith being hurt, isnt even Patrick Johnson also hurt?  And not sold on Barnett being totally healthy but I guess if he is, if not they need another edge guy.  Also cannot just assume Brandon Graham will never start to show his age.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Jroc04 said:

I don’t know what your exchange was with him but, I mean, aren’t we not considered by most to have a top roster in the league? 

No idea lol think he just loves me plus loves being angry and arguing. Was told to block him but that's no fun. I responded but that's the end this time

Edited by EaglesFlySBChampsHigh

PFF has weird rankings so I don’t know what to think about them saying he’s the 4th graded punter, but this is something to watch out for. Rumor has it Steelers kept 2 punters and eagles kept 7 cornerbacks in hopes of agreeing to a player for player swap between the two teams.

9 minutes ago, Jays3 said:

PFF has weird rankings so I don’t know what to think about them saying he’s the 4th graded punter, but this is something to watch out for. Rumor has it Steelers kept 2 punters and eagles kept 7 cornerbacks in hopes of agreeing to a player for player swap between the two teams.

Yeah someone else reported this too on Twitter(X). Maybe there's smoke

Feel like it'll be Goodrich and not sure how I feel about that

42 minutes ago, Jays3 said:

Saints kept 2 punters too. **** these hoarders lol. Just wait em out and they’ll release one. Plus, there’s other solid options that have already been cut.

3 hours ago, Ozzy said:

Why did the Eagles cut VanSumeren and Morrow?  

Bradley is on IR and Reddick/Nolan Smith are hurt currently right?

Unless they love Christian Ellis and Zach Cunningham I guess.  This Tyreek Maddox-Williams I did not think he flashed more than VanSumeren did in the preseason, VanSumeren was all over the field.

It's really just merit based but through the lens of the scheme.
They want a lot of DBs and Linemen on the field cause that's where the talent is, partly because that's where they wanted to build.

Why keep a guy you could easily replace at LB, when it'd cost your depth at the more important positions.

They do really like Ellis, had a good summer by all accounts.m And Cunningham played best of the vet adds.

• Like 1