The Road to 53: The Birds cut the dead weight

EaglesPeteC

17 minutes ago, EaglesFlySBChampsHigh said:

Thought there was a bunch of bs Twitter stuff with him being diva like. Maybe it was someone else

I don't think he was being a diva, just replying back to the stupid ish he had to deal with. Which as an athlete you should be above all that, but that is obviously not the case. And also, we as a fanbase and the media were pretty ruthless with him from day one.

Having said that, he runs lazy routes, poor effort and doesn't attack the ball. At least he was a good punt returner but at that Tampa Playoff game, even that went out the window with him. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

Yeah it was weird. We went from him getting mixed in with the 1s to him being off the team. It’s not like the other guys at safety are world beaters in guys like Evans and Edmunds.

I wonder if the starting safeties are reed blankenship and Sydney brown. I don’t know what else brown needs to show, he played pretty good in the preseason. All I can think of is if there’s a bias against playing rookies big minutes for a contending team like the eagles. Reed did it last year though, but there were injuries

6 minutes ago, SteelKing728 said:

I'm not sure what was worse for the Vikings: the Bradford trade or the Reagor trade.

I hate when my team trades with Philly lol. Your GM is just brilliant.

Probably the Bradford trade because wasn’t that for a 1st round pick? At least for reagor all you gave up was a 5th

10 minutes ago, Jays3 said:

I wonder if the starting safeties are reed blankenship and Sydney brown. I don’t know what else brown needs to show, he played pretty good in the preseason. All I can think of is if there’s a bias against playing rookies big minutes for a contending team like the eagles. Reed did it last year though, but there were injuries

Sounds like they’re leaning towards Evans starting initially, but I guess we’ll see.

1 hour ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

He would make little tweets or ig posts here or there, but he wasn’t super bad with it. 

He was just really immature (Hightower and Watkins too) when we drafted him and he wasn’t good enough to overcome some of his short comings like his lack of fluidity as a route runner. He also isn’t the smartest player either.

Yeah that's it 

Shame really but it worked out for us after some Howie magic down the road