The Road to 53: The Birds cut the dead weight

EaglesPeteC

3 minutes ago, CasperX22 said:

My guess is most teams don't want to deal with the headache.  That said, there's also zero risk with a high potential payoff.

He cant even be around the team in any way while suspended not any headache possible.

https://x.com/mikegarafolo/status/1696549461445505401?s=46&t=X4mGciWoUMZElbjz_UjkcA

Devon Allen got cut. Honestly, kinda not surprised. It seems like he’s not sure if he wants to focus on his track competitions or focus on his NFL career. I just think to be an effective NFL player you need to put most of your time and energy into being a better player.

I’m assuming the eagles would like to bring him back on the practice squad but if he gets claimed by another team I don’t think they will miss him too much.

Edited by Jays3

21 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

So who is returning punts? OZ?

I guess they could put Covey on practice squad to start and call him up too. 

Ya this was what I was thinking they were going to do when they make the 53. It is what they did last year as well. Covey on the practice squad for three weeks and then if someone gets hurt you stash them on IR and Covey comes up to the 53.

• Like 1