Jets 2017 Training Camp Thread

NewAge

12 hours ago, GangGreen420 said:

What makes you guys think the Browns/Jags/Bills/whatever QB deprived team is going to trade us the pick? Very unlikely scenario. You can forget about trading up to 1 that's never happening if these QBs are legit.

I guess it could be a Browns/Wentz scenario but if these QBs are as advertised they aren't being traded.

OK, but if these QB's are legit we should be able to get ONE. For me, it's not about getting the top pick. It's about being able to land one of the QB's coming out and DEVELOPING him properly. The key is the development. I am confident we can do just that next year as long as we hire the right offensive guru to run the team/offense.

13 hours ago, rdelaney89 said:

7 games will likely land us a 12-18 pick in the draft, I'd be pretty upset with that because I think we'd have to give up far too much to land a top 3 pick. 

My guess is we'd need to trade our 2018 1st, 2nd, 3rd & 2019 1st & 2nd rounders to move up into the top 3. I think we can still have a positive setting for next year even if we have a top 5 pick. We'll have $80M in cap space, the talent that can be brought in with that kind of money will boost morale across the whole team.

If we do win 7 or 8 games with this roster by some ridiculous fluke then I'd want us to go hard after Cousins and use our draft picks to plug the holes. Macc has given us a pretty decent amount of options for this upcoming offseason.

At that point I'd still look for a lesser QB outside of the top 3 guys like Jackson (who can be downright electric) or Luke Falk (who looks to be about as accurate a passer there is).  Those two guys could elevate our offense especially if the other talent is playing well as you say and we lose out on a top 3 pick.

We need a QB no matter what.  Obviously I want Darold or Allen but I'd be OK with a freak like Jackson or an accurate passer like Falk.

Why are we trying to trade sheldon when we have ton of cap room and Mo still looks like he doesnt care. Signing Mo long term was a monumental mistake as would trading Sheldon. 

Forte makes a ton of sense. Hes old and hes slow as $#!t. Any back that gets cut will be better.

3 minutes ago, ekill08x said:

Why are we trying to trade sheldon when we have ton of cap room and Mo still looks like he doesnt care. Signing Mo long term was a monumental mistake as would trading Sheldon. 

Forte makes a ton of sense. Hes old and hes slow as $#!t. Any back that gets cut will be better.

It's cause Mac is committed to Mo and we are probably going to spend too much money next offseason to get a comp pick for Sheldon leaving

39 minutes ago, ekill08x said:

We can opt out of Mo's deal after this season, I hope we do that at the very least. I'm torn on Sheldon, if the team rallys around him and he's playing well then I think we be foolish to trade him away. I think he is a special player and he never looks like he's dogging it, Mo looks like he just doesn't care anymore.

1 hour ago, Dr.O said:

Just my take but I'm fine if we traded Sheldon and let Mo go, personally would rather use the money from Mo else where on the team than keep him

I'm at the same point.  You don't win with 3-4 DE's.  We already have one locked up for a long time in Williams.  I'd be fine trading Sheldon and cutting Mo after this year and spend that money elsewhere.

It'll be easy to find a solid 3-4 DE to replace them.  Jernigan, Tuitt, Jay Bromley, DaQuan Jones are all young solid 3-4 DE's.  Easy enough to move on from both, save some money and use it elsewhere.

15 hours ago, GangGreen420 said:

I'd have no problem letting both Mo and Sheldon walk assuming they don't play very very well this year. Mo was fools gold it seems and Sheldon hasn't really proven anything other than 1 1/2 good seasons and some flashes. 

The Browns just cut Joe Haden over a contract  dispute. He is 100% better than any CB on our roster. Lets see what Macc does now. He will probably order another drink.

40 minutes ago, doumeyer said:

The Browns just cut Joe Haden over a contract  dispute. He is 100% better than any CB on our roster. Lets see what Macc does now. He will probably order another drink.

He signed with the steelers like 3/4 hours after he was cut, even so why would he wanna come here? He's close to 30 and has been on the browns his whole career. why would he want to come to another rebuilding situation 

Ricky stats for the last Pre season game don't mean anything, half those players that played the last pre season game won't even make their teams roster. But it would be great to find a diamond in the rough in a preseason game, it has happen but not for us. I think I am wrong about that, one of my all time favorite Jet was Wayne  Chrebet.  Rob Anderson has a real chance of being real deep threat, if we only had a QB who could get him the ball.

We need to forget about hackenberg at this point. hes not good at all. he doesnt look comfortable either. maybe he gets brought to camp next year to see if hes improved drastically and if he doesnt he gets cut because he is one of the worst QBs i have ever seen. 

also do we have a single good offensive lineman on this team? Carpenter is one...can we name another? That has to be the biggest overhaul next year. That line is literally atrocious

22 hours ago, ekill08x said:

We need to forget about hackenberg at this point. hes not good at all. he doesnt look comfortable either. maybe he gets brought to camp next year to see if hes improved drastically and if he doesnt he gets cut because he is one of the worst QBs i have ever seen. 

also do we have a single good offensive lineman on this team? Carpenter is one...can we name another? That has to be the biggest overhaul next year. That line is literally atrocious

Today is cut down day, all teams have to be down to a 53 man roster by 4pm 9-2-17. That should be very interesting, it always is

Archived