Jets 2017 Training Camp Thread

NewAge

1 hour ago, rickyt31 said:

Excited about this secondary. Burris, Williams, and Roberts will be interesting. I still think Clark will show up at some point. 

I thought his health is an issue and he's more than likely going to be on the PUP list to start the season?

Sirious Radio was at Jet's camp today. What they got out of Mike Maccagnan:

They're pleased with what they've seen out of Beachum at LT. Wasn't as effusive about the Center.Feels confidant in OL overall.

They feel Leonard Williams will make a great step forward this season.

Coaches very excited about Leggett. Sefarian-Jenkins had  a great offseason.

Darron Lee has bulked up and in great shape.

I missed the beginning, they must have asked about Hack. It will be replayed a dozen times I'm sure.

BrianCoz  2m2 minutes ago

More

Enunwa ran a slant in front of end zone, dropped the ball, tried to take a step and fell to the ground. Does not look good #nyj

@bheyman99  2m2 minutes ago

More

WR Quincy Enunwa was down on the turf after an incompletion, now walking gingerly toward the tunnel to the locker room. #Jets

I actually think Hack has done a great job from what I've read and heard. Guy isn't really turning the ball over. Is he taking sacks? Yes. But doesn't that alone show maturity already that he's taking the sack rather than forcing the ball and turning it over? I think so. His turnover numbers have always been good. This is what has hurt us so much for a very long time now. McCown is turning the ball over more than him in practice. Like I've said from the get go, we will mishandle this qb situation. There's no reason (so far) why McCown should start over Hackenberg. This of course can change in the next month.

36 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

I actually think Hack has done a great job from what I've read and heard. Guy isn't really turning the ball over. Is he taking sacks? Yes. But doesn't that alone show maturity already that he's taking the sack rather than forcing the ball and turning it over? I think so. His turnover numbers have always been good. This is what has hurt us so much for a very long time now. McCown is turning the ball over more than him in practice. Like I've said from the get go, we will mishandle this qb situation. There's no reason (so far) why McCown should start over Hackenberg. This of course can change in the next month.

While he isn't turning it over he's still been inaccurate as most reports state.  He'll get his chance but if these inaccuracies continue then he'll have no future here long term.  

Most likely we are looking for a new QB in next years draft.  

I agree that Hack has made improvements and start, but will 1 season of action be enough for him to prove to be a franchise guy? It's hard for me to see it under a new system and new starters. Year 3 would be the right one for him, but he's not going to get the same chances as Sanchez & Geno did. He would have to put up the same numbers Derek Carr put up in his rookie year or better.

The best thing that could happen is Hack working out and using the top pick on a franchise LT. So I'm rooting for him, just can't get my hopes up.

9 minutes ago, rickyt31 said:

I agree that Hack has made improvements and start, but will 1 season of action be enough for him to prove to be a franchise guy? It's hard for me to see it under a new system and new starters. Year 3 would be the right one for him, but he's not going to get the same chances as Sanchez & Geno did. He would have to put up the same numbers Derek Carr put up in his rookie year or better.

The best thing that could happen is Hack working out and using the top pick on a franchise LT. So I'm rooting for him, just can't get my hopes up.

I've said this before but even if Hack does blow up and there's a projected-to-be-great QB on the board, I'm taking him 10 times out of 10

50 minutes ago, Bianconero said:

I've said this before but even if Hack does blow up and there's a projected-to-be-great QB on the board, I'm taking him 10 times out of 10

It's hard for me to argue that one and I wouldn't be mad if we did select another. We have the option of picking another QB and hoping Hack can get us a lot of picks from someone, protecting Hack with a top LT or Top WR, or just trading the pick back to a QB needy team who will trade us everything. It's going to be in Macc's hands if Hack performs well and we still end up with a high pick.

I honestly like about 5 Qbs that might come out this year. The more I look at the team, the more I realize Macc has created himself a safety net for this season. If we perform well (7 wins or more), we'll have $80M+ to add to the talent we have . If we're trash, we'll have high picks with $80M . ($80M after releasing Mo, Forte, and Skrine) .

Archived