Jets 2017 Training Camp Thread

NewAge

1 hour ago, rdelaney89 said:

I could see 1/2 the game for fringe starters and guys who are competing and then maybe one 1/4 for the likes of Leo, Sheldon, Wilk. I could definitely see McCown for a 1/2 and then Petty and Hack each getting a 1/4 although I think it will be more based on how drives end. If it's too positive or too negative they'll be pulled.

It will drive me crazy to see McCown, play a whole half. What is the point of playing McCown, somebody please tell me. We all want to see what we have with  Petty & Hack. We went thru this crap for two years with Fitz, now they want to do the same thing with a 39 year old lifetime backup.

There is really no telling how long McCown will be out there with young players learning a new offense during a QB battle. I hope McCown doesn't play more than 2 series. I can't even compare him to Fitz because Fitz actually had seasons with good numbers and started full seasons. 

Shell and Hack are probably the most important players for me to look out for this preseason. Shell locking down the position helps out so much as far as giving Hack a chance or protecting who ever our 2018 QB will be. 

53 minutes ago, doumeyer said:

It will drive me crazy to see McCown, play a whole half. What is the point of playing McCown, somebody please tell me. We all want to see what we have with  Petty & Hack. We went thru this crap for two years with Fitz, now they want to do the same thing with a 39 year old lifetime backup.

I also think Hack and Petty will both get a lot of snaps in the other 3 games that it will even out. I bet Hack starts next week or maybe plays the 2nd and 3rd quarters. with hopefully him starting in the third game.

I'd totally be up for us bringing in Roberto Aguayo after he was cut by the Bucs. I had to google who our current kicker is anyway.

Kickers can be up and down all the time especially with a change in scenery, and this kid showed enough in college to entice a team to draft him in round 2. In a "let's see what the young players have got" year, I say we might as well see if we could get an awesome kicker for the future. What's the worst that happens? We lose a game 35-0 instead of 35-6?

You can all relax. We did not play McCown for more than one series. And it went for a touchdown. The first-team offense looked pretty good, actually. McGuire's first-step quickness is interesting. Qvale is a disaster as a starting RT, though. Hopefully, we make a switch there before Week 1. I think our best WR combination is Anderson and Peake as starters, then Stewart and Marshall. Wilson and Harper are interesting options, too. 

The defense looked great. 

I have no issue bringing in Aguayo to compete with Catanzaro and Martin. Why not?

7 hours ago, TheChad said:

I'd totally be up for us bringing in Roberto Aguayo after he was cut by the Bucs. I had to google who our current kicker is anyway.

Kickers can be up and down all the time especially with a change in scenery, and this kid showed enough in college to entice a team to draft him in round 2. In a "let's see what the young players have got" year, I say we might as well see if we could get an awesome kicker for the future. What's the worst that happens? We lose a game 35-0 instead of 35-6?

I'm down for it. Special teams will get a lot of shots this season.

16 hours ago, TheChad said:

Claimed by the Bears, unfortunately. 

The first preseason game changes nothing for me.   The Jets are who we thought they are.  They are a team who will have a quality  defense and a poor offense.  Hackenberg showed me he has improved to the point where I think he can be a starting QB in the league.  Hackenberg stills need to throw the ball farther down field to be an effective QB in NFL.  This only comes with reps in a game so he  can get more comfortable with seeing the various defenses.  If the QB competition  is close the job should go to Hackenberg.   It is time to unleash HackAttack and hope he does not give us a heart attack.

On ‎8‎/‎13‎/‎2017 at 2:32 AM, TheChad said:

I was just thinking the same thing about Aguayo yesterday. He was so great in college, I also would like to see him get a shot, what do we have to lose.

Archived