Jets 2017 Training Camp Thread

NewAge

2 hours ago, Bianconero said:

So I finally got around to watching Hack's throws last week

Not much to say but the few times that he did try and go downfield, they were out of bounds

Similar to what we have been hearing/seeing in practice

I refuse to believe anything I hear from our beat writers in terms of practice. Hack had a solid game but he has to put points up on the board. Terrible showing by the offense honestly. The line is really bad and we couldnt run the ball whatsoever. Other than the McCown bomb to Robby not a single offensive play stuck out. 

9 hours ago, Rich51 said:

Whitehead to miss 4-6 weeks with a broken foot. Has he shown enough to be on the 53 man roster? I think if Hammond has a couple of more good returns he would beat him out

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000830333/article/injuries-lucky-whitehead-foot-to-miss-46-weeks

With a broken foot he is gone for most of the year, if not all of the year.

7 hours ago, ekill08x said:

I refuse to believe anything I hear from our beat writers in terms of practice. Hack had a solid game but he has to put points up on the board. Terrible showing by the offense honestly. The line is really bad and we couldnt run the ball whatsoever. Other than the McCown bomb to Robby not a single offensive play stuck out. 

I'd like to see more of the starting OL, they only played 2 drives. We better pray our backups don't see the field. I think Robby and our TEs will be where any offense comes from this season.

20 minutes ago, Dr.O said:

We should look to add another WR, maybe trade for a young guy buried on the depth chart or wait to add a vet

I expect us to add a WR once teams cut down to their final rosters. I'd like to utilize out cap next offseason to target RB and WR in FA. Allen Robinson and Le'Veon Bell are 2 guys I'd love to get here. I could see Bell leaving after this year especially if he thinks Big Ben may retire and I don't foresee them franchising him again.

32 minutes ago, Rich51 said:

Like magic, our new 12th receiver ...

http://www.newyorkjets.com/news/article-7/WR-Kenbrell-Thompkins-Returns-to-Jets/a5302fec-b171-47c2-bed5-071921f52a72

They are now Anderson, Peake, Marshall, Hammond, Hansen, Harper, Marks, Stewart, White, Wilson,  Williams and Thompkins. 

If I had to guess I'd say the depth Chart would probably be Anderson, Marshall, Peake, Stewart, Harper, Hansen as of now probably keep Marks till Jalins suspension is done

1 hour ago, Dr.O said:

If I had to guess I'd say the depth Chart would probably be Anderson, Marshall, Peake, Stewart, Harper, Hansen as of now probably keep Marks till Jalins suspension is done

Hey welcome. I probably agree with that but if Hammond, who had a 38yd return, shows he can handle Kick off and punt returns he might have a spot

Marshall needs to be able to actually catch the ball and not fumble it. Peake better step his game up too, hes too big and fast to not be a starter this year with the company he is in. We clearly are going to need to address this position in FA next year this is an abysmal group. If Hack works out Allen Robinson is a FA....just saying :)

I haven't seen many bad things from Peake. I need to see him get more targets.  I can see him and Stewart having to battle once when he catches up. 

If Hammond can show that same flash, he's going to make it. The organization has made it obvious that we're looking for a returner that can actually make plays. 

Would be Funny for Hack to be the guy, sign Robinson, and draft Barkley to have a PSU connection. 

I don't know why we brought Thompkins back.

On ‎7‎/‎24‎/‎2017 at 5:35 PM, NewAge said:

Training camp is about to start, so post related content here. 

The training camp battle threads should be posted once more people come over here. 

You want to talk about training camp great, lets talk about training camp. This whole Pre season  was not about getting the best FA we could or drafting well, that never happen. It was all about slashing payroll. Not drafting a great RB like COOK, and pick another safety like Maye was a joke. Cutting Decker when we have garbage with all the other WR on the roster. Only Rob Anderson has a chance to be a NFL receiver, and he got hurt.. All we heard for over the past year was that Mac wants to stock pike draft picks, so when he get another third round pick he get rid of it for nothing. We are going to get into the Mac, fiasco, next week when I cool off. I want his head on a plate.

Archived