Jets 2017 Training Camp Thread

NewAge

2 hours ago, Jlash said:

Is Wesley Johnson bad enough that he's actually being unseated by Harrison? Looked like Harrison got all the run with the starters in the last preseason game. 

I haven't seen the game but Johnson got the same amount of snaps as our other certain starters, Beachum , Carpenter, and Winters. However imo Johnson is a backup level player so if Harrison does beat him out it wouldn't surprise me.

Just now, Rich51 said:

I haven't seen the game but Johnson got the same amount of snaps as our other certain starters, Beachum , Carpenter, and Winters. However imo Johnson is a backup level player so if Harrison does beat him out it wouldn't surprise me.

Ahhh alright, I see the snap counts now.

yes wesley johnson is terrible and was rated as one of the worst centers last year and we actually resigned him at market value for a "starting center". Lord help the Jets moving forward because it is actually going to get worse before it gets better.

I don't see how it can get worse, to be honest. Unless your own personal expectations are too high for this team. We are predicted by most to be among the worst teams in the NFL, if not the worst, and some even think we may go 0-16. Our offense is being described as historically bad.

This season is rock-bottom. It has to be.

Don't think Mauldin is making the team as of now, Josh Martin has had a hell of a camp/PS and honestly looks like he could be the starter. If we do look for some edge help what do you think it would take to get Dante Fowler from the Jags? Coughlin has no ties to him and they've signed/drafted and abundance of DE/Edge talent.

26 minutes ago, Dr.O said:

Don't think Mauldin is making the team as of now, Josh Martin has had a hell of a camp/PS and honestly looks like he could be the starter. If we do look for some edge help what do you think it would take to get Dante Fowler from the Jags? Coughlin has no ties to him and they've signed/drafted and abundance of DE/Edge talent.

Dante Fowler is going to be suspended be quite a few games but if we can get him on the cheap it would complete this defense and we can finally focus on offense. This offense needs 50 million + invested in it this offseason to assure the rookie QB/Josh McCown (oh you betcha he'll be back) will have more than a split second to throw and WR who can actually get past a jam at the line and who can catch the football. 

5 minutes ago, ekill08x said:

Dante Fowler is going to be suspended be quite a few games but if we can get him on the cheap it would complete this defense and we can finally focus on offense. This offense needs 50 million + invested in it this offseason to assure the rookie QB/Josh McCown (oh you betcha he'll be back) will have more than a split second to throw and WR who can actually get past a jam at the line and who can catch the football. 

Agreed, next offseason I'm using all my cap- space on OL and CB Help the Going in the draft QB-WR-RB, maybe get another 2/3 for Sheldon and get a TE

3 hours ago, Dr.O said:

Agreed, next offseason I'm using all my cap- space on OL and CB Help the Going in the draft QB-WR-RB, maybe get another 2/3 for Sheldon and get a TE

We kinda of have to have a draft like this. We have to draft an at least one lineman too as well as sign at least 2. Were stuck with a bum RG and well see what we get in Beachum. Im so mad we traded down the pick so the Vikings could take Pat Elfein. Instead we got no value traded down and selected a WR we could have gotten with the next pick. 

The goal now is lose every game, which sucks for us fans, its really not fair...Draft the QB of the future, find the right coach to develop him...know what QB you want to mentor him (McCown honestly at least is trying his hardest, not a bad option) and literally surround this kid with EVERY offensive asset we can get our hands on and we MIGHT be back to 8-8. CAN'T WAIT!

46 minutes ago, GangGreen420 said:

So it looks like McCown is starting the season. That's bad news. Less time for Hack on the field but I'm pretty sure he's garbage anyway.  I don't have much faith in this regime selecting our QB next year.

BINGO  I don't have any faith in this regime.  Mac plan for the future is to tank 16 games and get the first round pick. Mac makes Rich Kotite, look like a genius. What bothers me the most is that there is a lot smart people on this board that seem to go along with what Mac is going to do. I am old school and I find this disgusting.

I I know the defense will be on the field a lot this year but seriously that's not a good enough excuse if they aren't above average. With the the amount of resources in money, picks, coaches etc this team has invested in that side of the ball over the last decade, they need to perform this year. Bowles has been given a ton of high draft picks for his defense and if they under perform then that needs to be it. The time for excuses is up.

9 hours ago, GangGreen420 said:

I I know the defense will be on the field a lot this year but seriously that's not a good enough excuse if they aren't above average. With the the amount of resources in money, picks, coaches etc this team has invested in that side of the ball over the last decade, they need to perform this year. Bowles has been given a ton of high draft picks for his defense and if they under perform then that needs to be it. The time for excuses is up.

When you training for the mile run and all of a sudden that turns into a 10k you're gonna get gassed. If our defense looks good when given decent recover time I have no issues. If the offense is going 3 and out constantly the. I can't blame them if fatigue sets in.

28 minutes ago, rdelaney89 said:

When you training for the mile run and all of a sudden that turns into a 10k you're gonna get gassed. If our defense looks good when given decent recover time I have no issues. If the offense is going 3 and out constantly the. I can't blame them if fatigue sets in.

You are right, Mac should thought about this upcoming problems. We all know there is gong to be a lot of three and outs. We all waited six months for the season to start, and we ended up with this abortion of a team. 

Archived