Jets 2017 Training Camp Thread

NewAge

16 minutes ago, rdelaney89 said:

I hope we see Petty start, I'm kinda surprised we haven't seen McCown at all since the first drive.

I'm hoping it's because the coaches know what he is/should be.. strictly an insurance policy if Petty gets hurt and Hack continues to be incapable of running the offense.

Unfortunately the offensive line is so putrid I think we see all 3, maybe even someone not on the roster at some point this year.

1 minute ago, GangGreen420 said:

I'm hoping it's because the coaches know what he is/should be.. strictly an insurance policy if Petty gets hurt and Hack continues to be incapable of running the offense.

Unfortunately the offensive line is so putrid I think we see all 3, maybe even someone not on the roster at some point this year.

Yea that honestly wouldn't shock me. Hopefully it's just cause we've been rotating players. We need to hope there will be some sort of consistency.

Supposedly, we are shopping Matt Forte around to see if anybody has interest. Lots of names are being talked about in trade rumors right now. I know cutdown day is coming soon but it seems to me there is more trade activity than normal this year.

I wonder what (if anything) teams would be willing to give us for a Forte-Hackenberg package. Maybe an O lineman, like a center? 

I like Elijah McGuire, he has elusive quickness. I hope he gets a chance to play a lot this season. 

Also, I do not understand why we would not even entertain the idea of bringing in another QB for now, someone like RGIII. What would be the harm in that? We will be drafting a QB next season regardless.

I agree with those saying we should keep Richardson and not give him away. He looked beastly Saturday night. The problem is the 3-4. Our personnel fits a 4-3 defensive scheme like a glove, so Bowles needs to make that switch permanently. Richardson plays all over the line, and his versatility really helps. We might not even need a nose tackle this season if we just let Wilkerson-Richardson-Williams-Ealy/J. Martin loose to get after the QB. I feel, and have felt for a long time now, that our own scheme is holding this very talented defense back. 

The next GM should hire an offensive guru as head coach and our new DC should prefer the 4-3. Enough with the square peg (Sheldon Richardson) in a round hole (OLB) madness.

On 24/08/2017 at 11:16 AM, rdelaney89 said:

I'll add this too: 

If we can develop young players then as long as we land a top 5 pick or find our QBOTF in Hack then this was a successful season. If McCown starts and wins us 7 games then yea I'll be upset since we'll have to trade the farm to get up to #1

I cannot agree with this statement. We have to look beyond the QB, as well. If we win 7 games, it will NOT be because McCown is playing lights-out football. It will mean several of our building block players will have emerged as impact players...probably names like Adams, Maye, Williams, Lee on defense and Seferian-Jenkins, Stewart, Hansen and McGuire on offense. 

We really do not have a lot of non-building blocks playing right now, so I would GLADLY take a seven-win season. That means a winning culture is back, the leadership group is strengthened and whomever we draft at QB next spring will be brought into a POSITIVE setting for a change.

It's a real long shot that it happens, but we don't have to be rooting against the team either.

PFF Best non 1st round rookies in preseason

ArDarius-768x432.jpg

THIRD ROUND NOTABLES:

WR ArDarius StewartNew York Jets – 83.1 overall grade – snaps: 39

Seeing action starting towards the end of the first quarter and throughout the rest of the game, Stewart caught all five of his targets this past week and for the preseason now he’s hauled in eight of nine targets for a total of 113 yards and two touchdowns, giving him a perfect 158.3 WR Rating (QB rating when targeted). Seven of his eight catches so far this preseason have come outside of the numbers and five of them traveled at least 10 yards in the air before reaching him.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/news/pro-non-first-round-rookie-review-preseason-week-3?utm_content=bufferf6f59&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=nfl

3 hours ago, Jag68Sid87 said:

I cannot agree with this statement. We have to look beyond the QB, as well. If we win 7 games, it will NOT be because McCown is playing lights-out football. It will mean several of our building block players will have emerged as impact players...probably names like Adams, Maye, Williams, Lee on defense and Seferian-Jenkins, Stewart, Hansen and McGuire on offense. 

We really do not have a lot of non-building blocks playing right now, so I would GLADLY take a seven-win season. That means a winning culture is back, the leadership group is strengthened and whomever we draft at QB next spring will be brought into a POSITIVE setting for a change.

It's a real long shot that it happens, but we don't have to be rooting against the team either.

7 games will likely land us a 12-18 pick in the draft, I'd be pretty upset with that because I think we'd have to give up far too much to land a top 3 pick. 

My guess is we'd need to trade our 2018 1st, 2nd, 3rd & 2019 1st & 2nd rounders to move up into the top 3. I think we can still have a positive setting for next year even if we have a top 5 pick. We'll have $80M in cap space, the talent that can be brought in with that kind of money will boost morale across the whole team.

If we do win 7 or 8 games with this roster by some ridiculous fluke then I'd want us to go hard after Cousins and use our draft picks to plug the holes. Macc has given us a pretty decent amount of options for this upcoming offseason.

What makes you guys think the Browns/Jags/Bills/whatever QB deprived team is going to trade us the pick? Very unlikely scenario. You can forget about trading up to 1 that's never happening if these QBs are legit.

I guess it could be a Browns/Wentz scenario but if these QBs are as advertised they aren't being traded.

3 hours ago, rdelaney89 said:

7 games will likely land us a 12-18 pick in the draft, I'd be pretty upset with that because I think we'd have to give up far too much to land a top 3 pick. 

My guess is we'd need to trade our 2018 1st, 2nd, 3rd & 2019 1st & 2nd rounders to move up into the top 3. I think we can still have a positive setting for next year even if we have a top 5 pick. We'll have $80M in cap space, the talent that can be brought in with that kind of money will boost morale across the whole team.

If we do win 7 or 8 games with this roster by some ridiculous fluke then I'd want us to go hard after Cousins and use our draft picks to plug the holes. Macc has given us a pretty decent amount of options for this upcoming offseason.

Macc. has destroyed this team, and should be fired at once. Just look at this board alone, we only have a handful of members left who care about this mess of a team. And this is the NFL there is no time to develop a whole roster of players. Our coaching staff is incapable developing anything or any body. Look at the members we have lost over the past week. My question why would anybody want to keep Macc, as GM?

Archived