Who Gets #1 Seed in NFC?

footbull3196

Who gets the #1 seed in the NFC at the end of the season?  

104 members have voted

1. 1. Who gets the #1 seed in the NFC at the end of the season?

• Philadelphia (10-2)
    • Minnesota (10-2)
    • New Orleans (9-3)
    • LA Rams (9-3)
    • Seattle (8-4)

Pretty close race at the top. Philly and Minnesota are tied at 10-2 right now (with the Vikings currently owning the tiebreaker), while New Orleans and LA are tied at 9-3 (with the Rams owning the tiebreaker over the Saints). The Vikings own the tiebreaker over the Saints in the case of a 2 way tie since they beat the Saints in Week 1, and the Eagles own the tiebreaker over the Rams and the Saints due to better conference record (though this could change by the end of the season). But after last night, we cant completely count Seattle out either since they would own a tiebreaker over the Eagles, and if they sweep the Rams they would own the tiebreaker over them as well (they already beat them in LA earlier this year)

Who ends up as the #1 seed in the NFC when all is said and done?

I'm going with the Viking for now, but this week could change a lot. Vikings play the Panthers and the Eagles play the Rams. What happens in those games will probably determine the seeding.

I don't think the Saints can overcome head to head losses to the Rams and Vikings in seeding.

I honestly can't decide between Philly or Minnesota. Gun to my head? I would bet the Vikings, because I think both of us finish 3-1 and they own the tiebreaker with the SoS. 

But I really am scared of playing in Minnesota less than I would be playing in New Orleans or Seattle. I think we match up incredibly well with the Vikes, and I'm just not scared of Case Keenum. And yes, I'm aware of how well he's playing before I get attacked by Vikings fans 

The Superbowl being in Minnesota is a great story, but that itself doesn't give them some advantage at home compared to normal. 

Just as long as Seattle doesn't get home field lol. I think we beat them in Philly but not in Seattle. And they're the NFC team that's far and away the biggest threat to us IMO.

Not much good happens to us as Minnesota fans (at least not when we are on the verge of greatness: 98 missed field goal, Favre INT, Walsh wide left). And while a 1st round bye doesn't guarantee much... I just can't in my wildest dreams imagine us getting the #1. I'm going with Philadelphia. (Though I went full homer in the poll.)

3 minutes ago, RedRider said:

Not much good happens to us as Minnesota fans (at least not when we are on the verge of greatness: 98 missed field goal, Favre INT, Walsh wide left). And while a 1st round bye doesn't guarantee much... I just can't in my wildest dreams imagine us getting the #1. I'm going with Philadelphia. (Though I went full homer in the poll.)

Kinda weird that, most likely, the top 2 seeds in the NFC also happen to be two of the most tortured fan bases in the league as well

Possibly Saints, Falcons, or Eagles.

Rams will get a 4th seed or miss playoffs altogether if other things happen for the Seahawks

Whether you like it or not, I dont' think there's any way the league lets Minn get a one seed. Hosting the SB is a curse for a reason. Besides, they need to darken the purple helmets.that shade looks all girly/kiddy toy and stuff :)

Archived