Commissioner you.

Kiwibrown

Roger gets the can. 

Like many of the browns draft picks under eric mangini the owners of the NFL select who? from where?

that is right you are the wild card selection to run the NFL. your fist year your salary is 15 million, you have to please the players and the owners, what do you do?

19 minutes ago, Kiwibrown said:

Roger gets the can. 

Like many of the browns draft picks under eric mangini the owners of the NFL select who? from where?

that is right you are the wild card selection to run the NFL. your fist year your salary is 15 million, you have to please the players and the owners, what do you do?

1)I demand players will stand for the national anthem.

2) I have a conference on national tv apologizing to the NFL fans for the actions of the players and them.

3) I have a draft lottery much like the nba to determine draft order a month before the draft. This makes tanking not worth it, it helps the scouting department not key in  on players and selections. It keeps gms on their toes.

4) I eliminate thursday night football on any other day besides thanksgiving. This helps with oversaturation.

5) I'd have the flex options from week 6 on.  With the stipulation each team can only flex twice. 

I'd market stars more The league needs more faces than Manning still and Brady.

2 minutes ago, biletnikoff said:

You do exactly  what the current commish  is doing for the money...and that is what ever the owners tell you to do.He's a mouthpiece, a lacky. He isnt saying or doing anything other than what  owners tell him to. 

lots of courage. 

1 minute ago, thebestever6 said:

1)I demand players will stand for the national anthem.

2) I have a conference on national tv apologizing to the NFL fans for the actions of the players and them.

3) I have a draft lottery much like the nba to determine draft order a month before the draft. This makes tanking not worth it, it helps the scouting department not key in  on players and selections. It keeps gms on their toes.

4) I eliminate thursday night football on any other day besides thanksgiving. This helps with oversaturation.

5) I'd have the flex options from week 6 on.  With the stipulation each team can only flex twice. 

I'd market stars more The league needs more faces than Manning still and Brady.

1. & 2. are super political. Im a stand or sit both are right type of guy. But lets not go further or someone might swing their mod hammer. 

you better not instiuite the lottery before the Browns get their equivalent of the superbowl ring. 

I would reverse this crap with player celebrations. They look like idiots. 

3rd offense for helmet to helmet spearing/leading with the head/leaving the ground with your feet?...lifetime ban. 

After a QB crosses the line of scrimmage, he can no longer use the pump fake. Slide, get out of bounds, or get mowed over like a diesel powered combine. 

If a draft pick has an accident and either dies or their career is ended by injury BEFORE he ever steps on the preseason playing field, the draft pick is compensated. 

The title of Commissioner...is changed to "Owners Representative acting as President of the NFL".

Lastly....any team, player, coach, owner, assistant, GM, etc...is proven to have thrown ANY game as an effort to get a better draft pick, receives a lifetime ban. 

1)  Teams/Players no longer need to be on the field for the National Anthem.

2)  There would be 2 bye weeks.

3)  All plays/actions can be challenged, still the same restriction on challenges.

4)  All investigations into misconduct will be handled by a separate entity paid for equally by the Players Union and Owners that will consist of former law enforcement and judges.  Their job will be to decide any and all punishment, no appeals.

5)  Thursday Night Football is reserved for Thanksgiving and if both teams are coming off a bye week prior to the game.

18 hours ago, Kiwibrown said:

come on guys, this is the internet not the apprentice. 

Fair enough, I'll play along instead of flinging poo at the guests.

If I ruled the NFL:

1) First move would be to move the draft back to the old format of having rounds 1-3 on Saturday and rounds 4-7 on Sunday. There's nothing like a good long weekend of the draft to plan around and enjoy instead of having this primetime Thursday night, Friday night crap, with weekend leftovers. I would however continue with the draft rotation for eligible cities.

2) The Super Bowl would always be played in fair weather climates or in domes. No cold weather championships with the potential of snow. **** snow.

3) Thursday games would be reserved for the opener and Thanksgiving only.

4) Discipline and fines would be administered by a separate organization consisting of former players, and judges not related to or affiliated with the current governing body of the NFL, in order to better achieve fair and balanced sanctions.

5) I'd immediately address issues with the CBA so coaches would be allowed to hold more full pad practices to work on crucial fundamentals such as proper tackling and blocking which would not only improve the quality of play, but also improve player safety as well.

6) Employ full time referees and their performance grading would be available to the public along with repercussions for repeated bad calls and judgments made.

7) Return to sudden death overtime. You've got 60 minutes to win a ball game, once that time is up, next score wins. This also addresses a player safety issue of prolonging the action and putting players at further risk due to over-fatigue.

8) And sorry London, the sport is staying on this continent from now on. That travel schedule and preparation time is atrocious. 

9) Zero tolerance policy for domestic violence.

10) Eliminate cheerleaders.

11) Legalize marijuana (for medicinal purposes, of course)

12) Last but not least, I'd double my salary the following year. B|

Archived